My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Monday, November 19, 2007

20 Without an H

While I have many fond memories of Jon Garland....

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THE ANGELS SMOKING TRADING A GOLD GLOVE SHORTSTOP TO GET A DECENT #3 OR #4 PITCHER?????

Garland is young and may have many great years ahead of him, but he is also on the verge of being a terminal nibbler. I like Garland and he was not @ 100% last year. Even if he has fantastic numbers ahead of him, I'm glad Kenny traded a pitcher for an everyday player who makes the SOX much better up the middle.

More on the numbers and other things later.

Good luck Jon Garland, you pitched the first game my kid ever saw, pitched great against the Angels in the ALCS and went pitch-for-pitch with that George fucking Bush looking asswipe Roy Oswalt. You did great for the SOX & here's hoping everyone benefits from this trade.

How long 'til pitchers adnd catchers report?

8 Comments:

Blogger santipissed said...

Because that is what they want\need. This allows them not to resign a high prices and injury prone Colon. This opens the door towards Cabrera from the Marlins for them-They need offense and now they have a number 4 starter that will win some games. Now the Socks have a good shortstop who does not beat up the help for taking a midnight swim

6:23 PM  
Blogger edP said...

Hey, get your story straight. Uribe allegedly shot the help.

Re: the Marlins' Cabrera, the sky is supposed to be the limit for him - however, I also hear he's eating his way to becoming a 1st basemen, or (shudder) a DH

8:12 PM  
Blogger Moderator said...

I was very pleased with this trade. Now we need to ship Uribe somewhere and sign Hunter.

Take a look at Kenny's deals - he knows when to trade pitchers. Many of the arms he's traded in recent years either flamed out the next year or were washed up to begin with.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Moderator said...

Although I'd rather they sign Rowand, but he played so well last season we probably can't afford him.

12:36 PM  
Blogger edP said...

I love AR but I think he is overreaching with his asking price and the wear and tear already on his body. I hope he gets paid big time wherever he goes, cuz he was one of my favorite SOX.

They can sign Tori H w/out moving Uribe. Juan could become the ultimate utility player @ least for a year. We'll see.

The one person I hope the SOX do not get in center is Andrew Jones. That guy is too old, coming off a down year and becoming Manny WITHOUT THE HITTING ABILITY.

I'd rather see Jerry Owens back there than the douche from Atlanta.

6:02 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Remember, they got cash back from the Garland/Cabrera deal.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Moderator said...

I thought Jones retired in 2002 or something. Shows how much I follow the NL.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Chris B. said...

Sayonara, Scotty Pods.

Bears.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home