Leaving Prague Unscathed
...sort of.
Nice dinner with Joe & Steener on Friday. Gave OD the last free track for the Old Kishwaukee Band record with instructions for eq'ing the thing. He knows what he's doing and it only scares me a little that he makes sense of my wishes in these matters.
We ordered bags for the bD CD singles. We will now have plenty of them to throw back at the audience when they throw fruit & newspapers at us. I'd say we were like the I Come In Peace guy, but he didn't have these snazzy bags covering the CDs he whipped at his victims.
Finished the Prague Orgy and that means I've finished the first three Zuckerman books plus the appendage, er, uh appendix to The Anatomy Lesson.
The most amazing thing about Roth in these books? He writes about his dick (or Zuckerman's dick) so effortlessly. No one I know comes close. But fuck, I don't live in a writers' colony outside of Bearville or some shit like that...
BEARS!
I live in DeKalb. My friends are talented enough, sure. This guy has been turned into a living treasure and has failed to be turned into shit as a result of a stupid amount of praise & prizes.
Incroyable!
What am I, Belloque (sp. Jeanz? Dr. Jones? somebody!) now?
I shouldn't talk about anyone's abilities. I have been reading these great books since summer and what am I saying here?
The guy is good because he's good at writing about his dick.
Started The Counterlife tonight. Looks like Roth is writing about his brother's dick in this book.
Nice dinner with Joe & Steener on Friday. Gave OD the last free track for the Old Kishwaukee Band record with instructions for eq'ing the thing. He knows what he's doing and it only scares me a little that he makes sense of my wishes in these matters.
We ordered bags for the bD CD singles. We will now have plenty of them to throw back at the audience when they throw fruit & newspapers at us. I'd say we were like the I Come In Peace guy, but he didn't have these snazzy bags covering the CDs he whipped at his victims.
Finished the Prague Orgy and that means I've finished the first three Zuckerman books plus the appendage, er, uh appendix to The Anatomy Lesson.
The most amazing thing about Roth in these books? He writes about his dick (or Zuckerman's dick) so effortlessly. No one I know comes close. But fuck, I don't live in a writers' colony outside of Bearville or some shit like that...
BEARS!
I live in DeKalb. My friends are talented enough, sure. This guy has been turned into a living treasure and has failed to be turned into shit as a result of a stupid amount of praise & prizes.
Incroyable!
What am I, Belloque (sp. Jeanz? Dr. Jones? somebody!) now?
I shouldn't talk about anyone's abilities. I have been reading these great books since summer and what am I saying here?
The guy is good because he's good at writing about his dick.
Started The Counterlife tonight. Looks like Roth is writing about his brother's dick in this book.


3 Comments:
The Ghost Writer. That is the other Roth novel I have read.
Thanks for the rousing games of Uno and hot/cold, too.
That is the first Zuckerman novel and the end is friggin' hilarious!
We were glad to have y'all over
We were over? What CD? Who will post on my blog?
I'm giving you corn beer for Christmas.
Post a Comment
<< Home