My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Traduced

Michael K, what’s with your ex-uncle-in-law? He works 20+ years for an organization. He is lauded as one the best baseball men in a franchise that sorely lacks such people. He starts when Wrigley is a graveyard and helps make it & the neighborhood the party landmark and hallowed baseball ground that it is today, he finally gets promoted to the job he’s always wanted…

…and then he quits

TO TAKE A JOB WITH THE BLACKHAWKS!?!?!

Sorry. I am pretending like I know people here but Michael K has mentioned meeting John McD and quiet frankly (even tho I have never met him) his accessibility to the Baseball Zeus (Bruce Levine) and the many interviews (and “years of friendship” with Chicago’s greatest baseball nerd…even bigger than moi)…all the time yappin on my Saturday morning radio…

Hell, I feel like I knew the guy.

What am I saying? I don’t know anybody. I don’t even like the cub. Also, I understand why he left. Whoever buys the northside ballclub is probably not going to keep McD as president. But let me suggest that his ascendancy following the farewell of Mister McFail was not nothing. He was supposed to be one of the people telling Hendry for a while that he needed an assistant. He fired some key morons in the cubs coterie of scouting douches. The rise from 66 wins a year ago to making the playoffs wasn’t all McD but he might’ve played a role almost equal to (but not exceeding) those of Hendry, his assistant GM, and Lou.

I thought the guy was ok and that’s all I have to say about that.

Looks like the Dodgers have stepped up their offer for Tori Hunter. I don’t think the SOX need to overpay for him. There’s a good market of free agent centerfielders left.

JUST PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO ANDREW – OR HOWEVER THE FUCK HE SPELLS IT - FRIGGIN JONES!

ScoPo designated for assignment, NOT THAT YOU SICK BASTARDS…

But that clears the way, I guess to continue the Josh Fields in left field experiment allowing he and Crede to be in the lineup together…

/providing my son’s favorite WhiteSOX is with the team next year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael K said...

I was a little surprised myself. If I were still married, I would have been at his house yesterday and I could have been the millionth person to ask him why he wants to get involved with such a loser as the Blackhawks. I am sure the money was a factor as he has 2 boys in private colleges right now and the Cubs are not entirely stable due to the sale. The other big part is that he is the kind of guy who loves a challenge. I'd ask my ex for details but she doesn't give 2 squirts about sports and would never ask John about it.

10:00 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Well I wish him luck. John McD seems like a guy with real passion for sports & he did a hell of a job with the Cubs from a promotion and (in the end) from a baseball standpoint.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home