You Wanna Help Ike?
Just a few thoughts about hot stove shit and the Cubs’ acquisition of Fukudome…
Why do we get the leak that WhiteSOX matched the cubs offer? If Kenny deliberately leaks this info for PR reasons, to make the SOX look like they are competing for a right fielder who will hit 5th or 6th it’s a stupid move and here’s why…
1. You are saying to all of baseball (including your fandom) “All things being equal, this guy would rather play for the cubs than the SOX” It shows all the PR savvy of Jimmy the Greek in his last days at CBS.
2. You are telling the intelligent members of your fan base that you are willing to get into a bidding war for a player you don’t need - he is a natural right fielder (he may end up better than Jermaine, but you just re-signed JD to play fucking right field ad hit 5th!) The SOX already have two shortstops, two third basemen it’s like Noah’s fucking ark - two more of anything and (to quote drug addled basketball legend Michael Ray Richardson) “The ship be sinkin’”
I actually think Kenny raised the bid a bit from the cubs and Padres initial offer, knowing that Fukudome would not come to the SOX but after all the time & effort Hendry spent on this move (almost two years in the making) Kenny wanted to cost the blue team to shell out a few more clams right at the end.
I probably mixed a metaphor above, but my point should be clear. Kind of stinks if that’s Kenny’s motivation. He significantly low balled Tadahito and managed to keep other teams away from him at the same time. He got excellent production from the guy and used him as the perfect #2 to help the SOXwin a World Series and 90 wins the next season.
Maybe Kenny thought people would forget the good moves he made so he wanted to pull off a bush league one. I hope not. But actually I’d rather think that Kenny was trying to screw over the cubs rather than acquire a free-agent they don’t need when they have needs in so many areas.
Sox fans, be prepared for a possible deal between the Dodgers and the WhiteSOX….Crede and some other stuff for Juan Pierre. But laugh at those who would have you believe the SOX can get both Pierre or Rowand. Pierre wants out of La La land because they signed Jones to play center. He’s not gonna be happy or productive playing left in SOX park. You can say he’s a fit for left at US Cel because of his rag arm but moving your leadoff guy to a new position does not help a team that needs a solid lead-off guy. Juan Pierre is a hard working player who works hard to get his mind right at the plate and on the bases and he is nearing the end of his days as a lead-off man. Next year would not be the time for him to learn a new position, in a new park, in a new league.
Don’t think JP played in the good league before….
Marlins, cubs, Dodgers…someone let me know if I am wrong. Don’t feel like googling the man who gave us the lyrics…
"Then we went to Wrigley Field
I get that wiggly feel"
One of the most embarrassing post World Series celebration moments in recent memory. Juan Pierre free-stylin’ in front of McKeon’s Marlins….
Some stupid shit that.
The other deal that could be made is Konerko to the Angels for the man they call Chone. I’d rather have Chone, he can play more positions, be better in the leadoff role and I think he’s younger than JP.
Again, I’m not interested in googling someone named Chone.
But I wouldn’t mind seeing him in a SOX uniform even if it means saying goodbye to Paulie.
Ike Turner is dead. First Evel Kneivel , now Ike…they say deaths like this happen in threes. I wonder who will be the next wife-beater to croak?
Why do we get the leak that WhiteSOX matched the cubs offer? If Kenny deliberately leaks this info for PR reasons, to make the SOX look like they are competing for a right fielder who will hit 5th or 6th it’s a stupid move and here’s why…
1. You are saying to all of baseball (including your fandom) “All things being equal, this guy would rather play for the cubs than the SOX” It shows all the PR savvy of Jimmy the Greek in his last days at CBS.
2. You are telling the intelligent members of your fan base that you are willing to get into a bidding war for a player you don’t need - he is a natural right fielder (he may end up better than Jermaine, but you just re-signed JD to play fucking right field ad hit 5th!) The SOX already have two shortstops, two third basemen it’s like Noah’s fucking ark - two more of anything and (to quote drug addled basketball legend Michael Ray Richardson) “The ship be sinkin’”
I actually think Kenny raised the bid a bit from the cubs and Padres initial offer, knowing that Fukudome would not come to the SOX but after all the time & effort Hendry spent on this move (almost two years in the making) Kenny wanted to cost the blue team to shell out a few more clams right at the end.
I probably mixed a metaphor above, but my point should be clear. Kind of stinks if that’s Kenny’s motivation. He significantly low balled Tadahito and managed to keep other teams away from him at the same time. He got excellent production from the guy and used him as the perfect #2 to help the SOXwin a World Series and 90 wins the next season.
Maybe Kenny thought people would forget the good moves he made so he wanted to pull off a bush league one. I hope not. But actually I’d rather think that Kenny was trying to screw over the cubs rather than acquire a free-agent they don’t need when they have needs in so many areas.
Sox fans, be prepared for a possible deal between the Dodgers and the WhiteSOX….Crede and some other stuff for Juan Pierre. But laugh at those who would have you believe the SOX can get both Pierre or Rowand. Pierre wants out of La La land because they signed Jones to play center. He’s not gonna be happy or productive playing left in SOX park. You can say he’s a fit for left at US Cel because of his rag arm but moving your leadoff guy to a new position does not help a team that needs a solid lead-off guy. Juan Pierre is a hard working player who works hard to get his mind right at the plate and on the bases and he is nearing the end of his days as a lead-off man. Next year would not be the time for him to learn a new position, in a new park, in a new league.
Don’t think JP played in the good league before….
Marlins, cubs, Dodgers…someone let me know if I am wrong. Don’t feel like googling the man who gave us the lyrics…
"Then we went to Wrigley Field
I get that wiggly feel"
One of the most embarrassing post World Series celebration moments in recent memory. Juan Pierre free-stylin’ in front of McKeon’s Marlins….
Some stupid shit that.
The other deal that could be made is Konerko to the Angels for the man they call Chone. I’d rather have Chone, he can play more positions, be better in the leadoff role and I think he’s younger than JP.
Again, I’m not interested in googling someone named Chone.
But I wouldn’t mind seeing him in a SOX uniform even if it means saying goodbye to Paulie.
Ike Turner is dead. First Evel Kneivel , now Ike…they say deaths like this happen in threes. I wonder who will be the next wife-beater to croak?


7 Comments:
No offense, Ed... But, all things being equal, I think most guys would want to play for the Cubs. Ask Thome.
If the reports are to be believed, the money was pretty close from all bidders. Here are some other (true or just speculated) factors that have little to do with Kenny:
1. He liked the idea of being the first Japanese player ever on the Cubs.
2. He did NOT want to compete with J. Dye for right field or displace himself or J.D.
3. Lou Pinella (sp?) is HUGE in Japan. (and everywhere else...)
I think the thing that some of these Japanese players are bringing to the game (besides skills) is integrity and some of the old school loyalty and mentality that corporations have all but removed from it. The money is important but it sounds like legacy is even more important to Fukudome.
I am also huge in Japan.
I just checked the Obits, and so far I'm not numero III
Sweet!
I dread Pierre coming to the Sox. Although I like Coco Crisp and Chone Figgins.
Giants overpayed for Rowand.
But I still wish he came to the Sox.
Like CoCo Crisp too...don't think our SOX have anything the other Sox want - RELIEF PITCHING!
Could be a deal involving Paulie & Chone yet
Post a Comment
<< Home