If God is 7
Sorry Pixies fans.
Seven in a row SOX fans and it is a beautiful thing. I've probably cursed them and blown any chances of a sweep against the hated Indians. Here's hoping that #56 has a good outing tonight and gets good defense behind him. Buehrle hasn't been able to pitch around mistakes this year but maybe one or two games where things go right for the guy and it could turn the season around.
No hit for CQ last night? Maybe the Diamondback reclamation project will hit three dongs and help out MB tonight.
Cub fans, don't worry about what happened in Houston they've got the Pirates for the weekend. It's like giving the team a weekend off, or a team playing against my company's softball team.
It's my annual BLOW OFF WORK ON THE BEST DAY FOR GOLF IN THE CHICAGO LAND AREA DAY!
I gotta come up with a better name for this semi-sacred holiday.
If anybody listened to the Mike Murphey show today they heard the list of reasons elevating this day above all others for golf in this part of the world.
If you are reading this at work and feel jealous, don't worry - - your paycheck is probably 800 times larger than mine.
I am the Carlos Quentin to your Alphonso Sorriano.
My quality of life is great...but I gotta live it on the cheap.
It’s later and I’m relaxing on the deck of My Blue Heaven with the laptop and a can of Pyle. If anyone wants a sense of the backyard view...
NOT THAT YOU SICK BASTARDS!
...of our blue heaven, Kim took some magnificent pics.
Today was one of those days on the golf course that tests your maturity and self-control. For some inexplicable reason I passed. Started out bogey - bogey and then really hit some great shots with the irons.
Jeremy?
Then my driver went to absolute shit. I could not hit worth a damn. I began losing balls at an alarming rate and was barely able to finish 18. I tried going a few holes over and then I was out of balls. How could the afternoon start out so promising and then take a downturn like that?
That’s the game of golf. Forever humbling.
Since I quit fucking teaching I now have the time to hone in on writing stuff that…well, let’s just say doing stuff that satisfies me. It’s worth to the world, if any, is yet to be determined. But the more I get into that kind of shit, the more I need my family and even stupid stuff like golf. My family, esp my kid - seeing the world through his eyes…keeps me in touch with living. Seven year olds do not give a shit about the problems of narrative, editing and creating realistic (but still interesting) dialogue. They do not care about style, culture, the latest trends, tradition any of that fuckery…they just care about living to the extend they understand it.
Jesus was right in as many ways as a man (or Son of Man) can be right when he said that we should be like the little children.
Back to golf. It gives me a chance to fail at something I don’t really care that much about…
Does that make sense?
Oh yeah, the reason I passed the test is I didn't lose my fucking mind when I started spraying balls all over the course. If this happens on Saturday my reaction will be the same. No big deal. Just happy to be out there with the bigDrag boys, chasing our little white balls.
Good practice last night. Working on music for this….
When it all comes down
Who will flesh it out
From this noisy town
In this palace of din
Not a soul around
Has it figured out
That it all begins
Here, where the world fell in
And what goes around
Will come around again
If it never ends
It comes around again
From the north and south
Of the over and out
On the up and down
To where the world fell in
They cheered her on in Boy’s Town
They danced and waved heir arms
She knows just how to run the race
She knows just what we are
She said I’m sure there must be more
To heaven than the stars
She held my hand and fell asleep
She knows just what we are
And she knows just how to run the race
Who cares who has run away
And she knows just how to run the race
Who cares who has run away
And everything I kiss
Doesn’t have to turn to shit
And everything I kiss
Doesn’t have to turn to shit
Chris titled a picture of some trees and sky "The World Fell In" and I thought it was just fantastic. I hope the song turns out to be worthy of the title. We'll see.
It is also great to be writing a more grown-up song about KJ. Been awhile since I've had enough perspective (or I pretend to have enough perspective) on our lives to try another song for my sweetie. Funny how it's hard for me to do that when it used to be so easy.
Ultimately I think it reflects something good. Kim and I are balls-deep in living life and I think that gives us less time for perspecive on each other. When it was just us, no kid - no mortgage - we both had all sorts of thoughts on what life, love and family mean. But it's like that old saying that Dev's lady or someone put forth on the bloggosphere "It's always easy raising someone else's kids."
Once you do it yourself, along with the other things that go with modern living...finding time for or inspiration for "perspective" ain't easy. I'm glad when I get some.
And Chris B's title was a big part of that.
Seven in a row SOX fans and it is a beautiful thing. I've probably cursed them and blown any chances of a sweep against the hated Indians. Here's hoping that #56 has a good outing tonight and gets good defense behind him. Buehrle hasn't been able to pitch around mistakes this year but maybe one or two games where things go right for the guy and it could turn the season around.
No hit for CQ last night? Maybe the Diamondback reclamation project will hit three dongs and help out MB tonight.
Cub fans, don't worry about what happened in Houston they've got the Pirates for the weekend. It's like giving the team a weekend off, or a team playing against my company's softball team.
It's my annual BLOW OFF WORK ON THE BEST DAY FOR GOLF IN THE CHICAGO LAND AREA DAY!
I gotta come up with a better name for this semi-sacred holiday.
If anybody listened to the Mike Murphey show today they heard the list of reasons elevating this day above all others for golf in this part of the world.
If you are reading this at work and feel jealous, don't worry - - your paycheck is probably 800 times larger than mine.
I am the Carlos Quentin to your Alphonso Sorriano.
My quality of life is great...but I gotta live it on the cheap.
It’s later and I’m relaxing on the deck of My Blue Heaven with the laptop and a can of Pyle. If anyone wants a sense of the backyard view...
NOT THAT YOU SICK BASTARDS!
...of our blue heaven, Kim took some magnificent pics.
Today was one of those days on the golf course that tests your maturity and self-control. For some inexplicable reason I passed. Started out bogey - bogey and then really hit some great shots with the irons.
Jeremy?
Then my driver went to absolute shit. I could not hit worth a damn. I began losing balls at an alarming rate and was barely able to finish 18. I tried going a few holes over and then I was out of balls. How could the afternoon start out so promising and then take a downturn like that?
That’s the game of golf. Forever humbling.
Since I quit fucking teaching I now have the time to hone in on writing stuff that…well, let’s just say doing stuff that satisfies me. It’s worth to the world, if any, is yet to be determined. But the more I get into that kind of shit, the more I need my family and even stupid stuff like golf. My family, esp my kid - seeing the world through his eyes…keeps me in touch with living. Seven year olds do not give a shit about the problems of narrative, editing and creating realistic (but still interesting) dialogue. They do not care about style, culture, the latest trends, tradition any of that fuckery…they just care about living to the extend they understand it.
Jesus was right in as many ways as a man (or Son of Man) can be right when he said that we should be like the little children.
Back to golf. It gives me a chance to fail at something I don’t really care that much about…
Does that make sense?
Oh yeah, the reason I passed the test is I didn't lose my fucking mind when I started spraying balls all over the course. If this happens on Saturday my reaction will be the same. No big deal. Just happy to be out there with the bigDrag boys, chasing our little white balls.
Good practice last night. Working on music for this….
When it all comes down
Who will flesh it out
From this noisy town
In this palace of din
Not a soul around
Has it figured out
That it all begins
Here, where the world fell in
And what goes around
Will come around again
If it never ends
It comes around again
From the north and south
Of the over and out
On the up and down
To where the world fell in
They cheered her on in Boy’s Town
They danced and waved heir arms
She knows just how to run the race
She knows just what we are
She said I’m sure there must be more
To heaven than the stars
She held my hand and fell asleep
She knows just what we are
And she knows just how to run the race
Who cares who has run away
And she knows just how to run the race
Who cares who has run away
And everything I kiss
Doesn’t have to turn to shit
And everything I kiss
Doesn’t have to turn to shit
Chris titled a picture of some trees and sky "The World Fell In" and I thought it was just fantastic. I hope the song turns out to be worthy of the title. We'll see.
It is also great to be writing a more grown-up song about KJ. Been awhile since I've had enough perspective (or I pretend to have enough perspective) on our lives to try another song for my sweetie. Funny how it's hard for me to do that when it used to be so easy.
Ultimately I think it reflects something good. Kim and I are balls-deep in living life and I think that gives us less time for perspecive on each other. When it was just us, no kid - no mortgage - we both had all sorts of thoughts on what life, love and family mean. But it's like that old saying that Dev's lady or someone put forth on the bloggosphere "It's always easy raising someone else's kids."
Once you do it yourself, along with the other things that go with modern living...finding time for or inspiration for "perspective" ain't easy. I'm glad when I get some.
And Chris B's title was a big part of that.


2 Comments:
You know there are royalties involved. And don't bother offering "male companionship".
Nine in a row after tonight!
Post a Comment
<< Home