My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Monday, October 06, 2008

11mph

Enjoy the offseason WhiteSOX. You did your best againnst a superior foe. Kenny W - helluva job and I will never doubt you again.

Did I say that last year?

The only breakdown I will offer re: the last SOX game of the year can be summed up by the number 11. No, I'm not trying to say the crowd at SOX park goes to 11 or any crap like that. Sonnanstine, just like when he shut out the SOX in April or May, had about 11mph difference on his changeup. He didn't have to worry so much about location and for a lot of the game could concentrate on getting strike one by throwing over the plate. Hell, he spent a good part of the evening out over the plate. It was the SOX who had to guess the speed of the pitch. If they guessed right - home run (see Konnerko and Dye)...but if they guessed wrong, harmless pop up (see everybody else wearing the SOX logo on their batting helmet). They had some good ABs but when you are a home run hitting club a guy like Sonnanstine can bring all manner of befuddlement changing speeds from 9 to 11mph.

Good luck Rays. I like Joe Maddon. They have an ugly ass park but a team full of young men who know how to play baseball (albeit with stupid fucking haircuts). My favorite team in the world couldn't have lost to a better squad in my useless opinion.


In the home stretch with Matter of the Inquest. The goal is to have a multiple copies of the first section (in dossier form) for my 40th/In the Can food drive OKB rock thing.

I was invited to a dinner party on Friday and when I found that Fr. H will be one of the guests I didn't not launch into my usual obscenity laden tirade about how people are no good and how I hate spending time eating with them when I could be eating on the floor in front of a baseball game.

Fr. H's homilies have changed my life and I got to admit, I am more than a little nervous about breaking bread with him.

Hell, I just need to relax and figure out which of the virtues are the easiest to fake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home