My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Monday, May 25, 2009

From Memphis to Mobile, From Natchez to St. Joe

We Can Always Get away is a fine song but listening to it along side all the other “finished” or almost finished tracks (I guess that’s why I used the suspicion quotes) - - but out of all the stuff we’ve done for Kish it is the weakest thing and it is in a part of the record where we can least afford a weak track.

Presumably that’s everywhere in a 10 song record or any record…

What was I talking about?

Oh, so here’s what might replace it.

More later

We Can Always Get Away might resurface on Small Town Famous. We will see


Natchez

Saturday morning at the DFR
You and I still fighting who and…
Where we are

Huffin’ and puffin’
And calling you out
Don’t believe it was me that called you

Huffin’ and puffin’
And calling you out
Don’t believe it was me that called you
To come on down

Huffin’ and puffin’
And talking out loud
Can’t believe it was me who called you
King of the proud

I’m gonna fly
Right over you
I’m gonna fly
Right over you
I’m gonna fly
From Memphis to Mobile
I’m gonna fly
From Natchez to St. Joe
I’m gonna fly
Right over you
From Memphis to Mobile
From Natchez to St. Joe
From Memphis to Mobile

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home