My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Hard Writing this in Public

Poor Alex is down for another day. His fever was super high @ 2am last night/this morning. He was doing his fever talk and Cookie started barking. She's a messed up version of the Medic Alert bracelet or some such shit.

Even though I'm sad and a little worried about my sick kid, we've had fun together these past coupla days...at least when the fever was down. Wed evening he was in great spirits. I thought the worst had passed. We were watching the World Series and playing our guitars as Cookie slept in her little bed between us.

On the guitar front...I think I need to talk to D about continuing to do overdubs for Kish. It felt so good playing the last show and I think our band needs to do more live stuff. I want to finish Kish but I think we may get diminishing returns if I keep pushing D to od tracks that Chris OD and I play on in advance (worst sentence ever?).

I found two more great riffs from the bD recordings Chris gave me from over the past seven years and whipped them up into two more songs for the Kish recording. But, if I ask the fellows to work more in the studio I may be responsible for killing what is so great about our band. We all need something that we get from playing together. I am realizing that more and more after playing the gig and not practicing with those boys for two weeks.

There's enough completed stuff in the can for Kish...a second to last song can be twisted out of some of this other stuff and then we can have the ending we all worked on anyway. I know this is shitty writing and doesn't make any sense. It is hard to write about what the band is doing in the blog. I wish I never gave up my journal.

More on this nonsense later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home