My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Grill of My Dreams

Spent almost the whole weekend either outside or with my family and I couldn't be happier. Golfed a ton. Enjoyed the Mudcats and their fine breed of Mustang League baseball late on Friday while talking with friends.

On Saturday Kim, Alex and I went to a wedding for Alex's 2nd grade student teacher. He loved that kid. The boy once invited her to the house for dinner. She was very sweet to him and our family was happy for her on her wedding day.

Alex spent the night with my folks. Kim and I went on a date. We went to Holy Mass 4:30 on Saturday and then Eduardo's for food and whiskey and fun!

Picked up the boy early on Sunday and went for a nice Father's Day walk with my folks around the pits formerly known as the Renwick Rd Quarry. After decades of hard, ugly work the quarry and gravel pits were mined, left and ten years of rainwater made beautiful lakes. Then trees and wild grasses grew back. Water fowl and all sorts of creatures enjoyed this place that, after many difficult years, blossomed. There's a metaphor somewhere in them quarries but I'll be damned if I can find it.

We drove back to DK where Kim, the boy and I put together our new grill. We did not start the fire yet (with apologies to Billy Joel...although that bastard should be the one apologizing to us making us relive what the Baby Boomers claim to be the defining events in the history of the universe)

Shame on them and their unending numbers. Hope they enjoy the last of the social security benefits...stupid soft-ass, spoiled bastards.

Where'd that vitriol come from?...mostly from the fact their dizzy asses tried to make us love Jerry Garcia.

Well it won't work!

Especially not now

But we didn't try light a fire in the grill (I could've gone off on Robbie Kreiger but why bother, his amp was once peed on during a gig in DeKalb...he's been through enough), but the grill is beautiful as it was built by my family and me. God love those guys.

Hippies, you can still rot in hell.

Sorry hippies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home