Family Weekend
Friday July 8 BBQ Pork Chops
Ran into BobO on lunch today. Nice to see him all tan an happy. Looks like the post-Rev world is treating him well.
Came home, cut grass, ran some errands, listened to the WhiteSOX fucking lose and then grilled up some BBQ pork chops. Larry of Arabia continues....
Saturday July 9 Take Us to Your Mound
Worked on bills, then Kim, A and I did a family breakfast at Flippin' Eggs on South 4th St. Great fun.
We packed up Cookie and the whole crew and went hiking at Johnson Mound. There was one patch where we thought we might have been exposed to poison ivy. But as of this writing, no itchy redness on any of us...at least nothing related to poison ivy.
Came home just in time to see the SOX beat the Twins with a walk of single in the 9th by Alexis. I told the boy, "We may have just witnessed the SOX one victory over the Twins this year. Enjoy it!" Then we went to 4:30 Mass and saw Alex's teacher Joe S. Always great to see Joe.
Big family dinner, watched a PBS On-Demand thing about apes and cognition. Then more Lawrence Gets Lost in the Desert.
Sunday July 10 I Need $149
Too hot for family work day. I took care of playing more bills. Closing in on paying the SW card off, I need $149 from somewhere. Looks like it will either come from the rock fund or the weekly budget.
Almost finished the grass. What am I, the David Crosby of yard work? Walked down and mailed some more bills and called my p's on the walk back. Not enough life left to sit still and talk on the phone.
Did not bother watching the Twins do what I knew they were going to do against the SOX today. The Mudcats had practice later in the afternoon. It was super hop and we didn't think it was right to put the kids through the paces of a regular practice. Instead we played dads vs. kids. I played short and took not one, but two hot smashes up the middle, destined for the outfield away from the boy. The next time he was up there was two on and two out and he cranked one over my head. I looked up and admired the ball's majestic flight...then realized we didn't have an outfield so I ran my ass off to chase down the ball and hold the boy to a double.
Got home just as the rain came.
Ran into BobO on lunch today. Nice to see him all tan an happy. Looks like the post-Rev world is treating him well.
Came home, cut grass, ran some errands, listened to the WhiteSOX fucking lose and then grilled up some BBQ pork chops. Larry of Arabia continues....
Saturday July 9 Take Us to Your Mound
Worked on bills, then Kim, A and I did a family breakfast at Flippin' Eggs on South 4th St. Great fun.
We packed up Cookie and the whole crew and went hiking at Johnson Mound. There was one patch where we thought we might have been exposed to poison ivy. But as of this writing, no itchy redness on any of us...at least nothing related to poison ivy.
Came home just in time to see the SOX beat the Twins with a walk of single in the 9th by Alexis. I told the boy, "We may have just witnessed the SOX one victory over the Twins this year. Enjoy it!" Then we went to 4:30 Mass and saw Alex's teacher Joe S. Always great to see Joe.
Big family dinner, watched a PBS On-Demand thing about apes and cognition. Then more Lawrence Gets Lost in the Desert.
Sunday July 10 I Need $149
Too hot for family work day. I took care of playing more bills. Closing in on paying the SW card off, I need $149 from somewhere. Looks like it will either come from the rock fund or the weekly budget.
Almost finished the grass. What am I, the David Crosby of yard work? Walked down and mailed some more bills and called my p's on the walk back. Not enough life left to sit still and talk on the phone.
Did not bother watching the Twins do what I knew they were going to do against the SOX today. The Mudcats had practice later in the afternoon. It was super hop and we didn't think it was right to put the kids through the paces of a regular practice. Instead we played dads vs. kids. I played short and took not one, but two hot smashes up the middle, destined for the outfield away from the boy. The next time he was up there was two on and two out and he cranked one over my head. I looked up and admired the ball's majestic flight...then realized we didn't have an outfield so I ran my ass off to chase down the ball and hold the boy to a double.
Got home just as the rain came.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home