Butterfingers
Alex and I have been watching select scenes from Spiderman 2. I love the movie – and we have a great time watching parts of it together. It is well cast and well made. But I have one beef:
There’s a scene where Doc Ock is holding Aunt May, they are several stories up.
Spiderman says: “Hand her over!”
Doc Ock flings Aunt May down and his face, in the process of “acting,” produces a pathetic smirk as he says, oh so cutely: “Butterfingers.”
Fucking motherfucking shit. I don’t say that in front of the kid but it is sooooo lame to have the bad guy, in the process of killing (or trying to kill) someone put on the ‘Oooops, let me kill with some quirky style here’
I mean – COME ON!
That is just so played out…and if it was Tim B sleepwalking through a Batman film so he can put another wing on his Bizarro anatomically correct wax museum, fine – I don’t care about that guy and/or most of the stuff he’s been doing.
But Sam R made a good film here – that gave me a window into Spiderman’s soul (ok, now who’s being lame?)…the point here is I am sure that Sam R is cooler than me, he should know this stuff – I expect more from him!
The one-liner splaying half-stylish, half-homicidal bad guy IS SO DAMNED PLAYED OUT I DON’T WANT TO BLEEPING SEE IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...and I know it's only one line from Doc Ock - the rest of the time he plays it pretty straight and he's great - that's what makes this one line so annoying.
…especially juxtaposed against my beloved wise-cracking Spiderman.
You know who can have that part: Mark Hamil (sp). He’s got no career other than being the Joker…unless someone is planning to make Corvette Summer 2: Midlife Crisis. Oooh, someone should make that movie.
…and that may be another reason why no one should trust my opinions on these things.
Any movie makers reading this blog (first, I hope there are some, because those ignorant sons of bitches will never catch all the grammatical, spelling, usage errors – and general lack of creativity that this blog is rife with – see?) – but any movie makers reading this blog – I don’t want to see your wise-cracking cutsie bad guys. We’ve all flushed that toilet, and you know something is hackneyed and tired when I call it hackneyed and tired.
Having said all that – Alex and I are buying the first Spiderman on DVD this weekend – and I can’t wait for the third installment to come out.
There’s a scene where Doc Ock is holding Aunt May, they are several stories up.
Spiderman says: “Hand her over!”
Doc Ock flings Aunt May down and his face, in the process of “acting,” produces a pathetic smirk as he says, oh so cutely: “Butterfingers.”
Fucking motherfucking shit. I don’t say that in front of the kid but it is sooooo lame to have the bad guy, in the process of killing (or trying to kill) someone put on the ‘Oooops, let me kill with some quirky style here’
I mean – COME ON!
That is just so played out…and if it was Tim B sleepwalking through a Batman film so he can put another wing on his Bizarro anatomically correct wax museum, fine – I don’t care about that guy and/or most of the stuff he’s been doing.
But Sam R made a good film here – that gave me a window into Spiderman’s soul (ok, now who’s being lame?)…the point here is I am sure that Sam R is cooler than me, he should know this stuff – I expect more from him!
The one-liner splaying half-stylish, half-homicidal bad guy IS SO DAMNED PLAYED OUT I DON’T WANT TO BLEEPING SEE IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...and I know it's only one line from Doc Ock - the rest of the time he plays it pretty straight and he's great - that's what makes this one line so annoying.
…especially juxtaposed against my beloved wise-cracking Spiderman.
You know who can have that part: Mark Hamil (sp). He’s got no career other than being the Joker…unless someone is planning to make Corvette Summer 2: Midlife Crisis. Oooh, someone should make that movie.
…and that may be another reason why no one should trust my opinions on these things.
Any movie makers reading this blog (first, I hope there are some, because those ignorant sons of bitches will never catch all the grammatical, spelling, usage errors – and general lack of creativity that this blog is rife with – see?) – but any movie makers reading this blog – I don’t want to see your wise-cracking cutsie bad guys. We’ve all flushed that toilet, and you know something is hackneyed and tired when I call it hackneyed and tired.
Having said all that – Alex and I are buying the first Spiderman on DVD this weekend – and I can’t wait for the third installment to come out.


9 Comments:
There were a couple of ham-fisted moments, for sure, but overall it was a great movie. When Spiderman's holding up a wall and Mary Jane is fawning all over him and he lets out the "...this is kind of heavy" line - that was great.
p.s. - I really like the X-Men movies, too. One of my favorite parts was the fleeting moment we see Colossus protecting some of the kids in the academy with his metal cladding. Totally awesome.
Yeah Chris - that's what really got me...Spiderman 2 is a great film...awesome action - a good story and funny lines like the one you mentioned. Why the butterfingers thing? Aw, I'm probably making a molehill out of nothing.
Re: the X-Men movies...I did not like the comic books but the movies were great. I was totally sucked in. When Alex is a little older I hink we'll do the X-Men movies. The action in there is a little more intense - and he doesn't really know these characters like he knows Spidey and Doc Ock...but Marvel realyy delivered the goods on these two movie franchises
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED WITH FANTASTIC FOUR???
Did you watch the Fantastic Four? I knew that was gonna suck right off. Who's idea was it to take an actess that is not very good and cast her for her looks only to make her invisible for half the movie? Get friggin' Meril Streep or something to play the invisible woman and hire Jessica Alba to play naked lady #2. Geez.
How about a movie about The Sensational She-Hulk? Or the Savage She-Hulk, even?
On second thought, that might not be a good idea tho. Knowing me, I'd have a problem with something there.
Mia likes Spiderman--alot! She's got the full-on suit-thing with the gloves that make noise and the mask and whatnot.
As for me, I like that Toby--alot! Went a little gaga when I watched him ride horses in Seabiscuit.
I'd climb his web, if you know what I mean.
(I don't even know what I mean.)
Were you just dissing Mark Hamill??? Since you don’t realize it, he has an INTERNATIONAL FAN CLUB! And, for the record, besides being the Joker on Batman, he is also in some commercial where he’s talking about “THE FUTURE.” It’s Oscar material, I tell you.
BTW… I’m glad Alex liked the Hulk page I found. Oh… and you rock.
What about a movie with Isis and Shazam? They've dredged up everything else from the 70's. Oh wait, there hasn't been a BJ and the Bear sitcom yet, has there? (I don't have cable.)
Ooh - Electro Woman and Dyna Girl.
Enjoyed a lot! » »
Post a Comment
<< Home