Finished as It's Gonna Get
I think it’s as finished as it’s going to get…for now…
It’s too late now but I used to know better
Than to take a little shit just to keep it together
Cuz when you realize that someone is holding out
It leaves you all fucked up and down in the mouth
And I feel so half awake
Since you put me down and put me away
Yeah I feel so half awake
And here’s another thought for another day
And here’s one more thing I don’t need to think about
From the great midwest while the rain is falling down
All those same old songs about ghosts and such
With dirty riffs and words that suck
Those same old songs about ghosts and such
With dirty riffs and words that suck
Those same old songs about ghosts and such
With dirty riffs and words that suck
I used to play them all for my old pal
But he doesn’t seem to care much now
All of those things you should’ve known better
You know better now
You kept inside just to keep us together
While I was holding
I was holding out
Those are all the lyrics for the new thing Joe, Dev & chrisB started playing last time. They may want to rearrange it or do it a different way – but I want to put the song together with this format. Who says we can’t do a new song two – maybe even three or four different ways. I really need to try writing songs this way. I’ve spent so much time listening to the CD of practice (just new material) Chris made. Listening to what the other guys are doing…I always pride myself on my ability to collaborate. So many times though that involves people listening to what I come to practice or to the recording session w/ and then going along. Finally after all this time I’m learning to listen to others.
It’s too late now but I used to know better
Than to take a little shit just to keep it together
Cuz when you realize that someone is holding out
It leaves you all fucked up and down in the mouth
And I feel so half awake
Since you put me down and put me away
Yeah I feel so half awake
And here’s another thought for another day
And here’s one more thing I don’t need to think about
From the great midwest while the rain is falling down
All those same old songs about ghosts and such
With dirty riffs and words that suck
Those same old songs about ghosts and such
With dirty riffs and words that suck
Those same old songs about ghosts and such
With dirty riffs and words that suck
I used to play them all for my old pal
But he doesn’t seem to care much now
All of those things you should’ve known better
You know better now
You kept inside just to keep us together
While I was holding
I was holding out
Those are all the lyrics for the new thing Joe, Dev & chrisB started playing last time. They may want to rearrange it or do it a different way – but I want to put the song together with this format. Who says we can’t do a new song two – maybe even three or four different ways. I really need to try writing songs this way. I’ve spent so much time listening to the CD of practice (just new material) Chris made. Listening to what the other guys are doing…I always pride myself on my ability to collaborate. So many times though that involves people listening to what I come to practice or to the recording session w/ and then going along. Finally after all this time I’m learning to listen to others.


7 Comments:
Nice, Eddie!
Now, let's get back to that song and really fuck it up!
exactly
I think it's great. Beautiful.
Now go fuck it up so it's tolerable.
exactly
Can't you at least sneak in the words "Rico Suave" somewhere?
Is that really so much to ask?
....Rico
....Suave
uh, bust a move?
I'M NO FRIGGIN' GENIUS!
Lately my men have been calling me Funky Cold Medina. Would that work?
"I gave some to my dog, when he began to beg
and then he licked his bowl and he looked at me
and did the wild thing on my leg"
That is so hot. Now I must go excuse myself to do edp's post!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home