My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Friday, March 03, 2006

One More Thing that ChirsB was Right About

Dev went in last night and threw down more guitars to dil and Stupid Now. I think we ended up doing the right thing with both tracks…and I’m glad ChrisB led the charge weeks ago for this. Something weird happened at the end of mixdown that I’m not going to discuss here – but it was one more thing that ChrisB was right about.

Alex and I had a great Thursday morning. We worked on a new song about Yoda and did more stuff on his hurricane power-line repair guys song. He likes to play the drums standing up and he looks pretty cool while doing it.

Over ½ a billion dollars so far to help schools that have accepted children displaced by hurricane K. You go g bushy. I’m always railing against that guy (and perversely joyful as his public approval numbers become Carteresque) – but here’s an example of no strings attached money going to help those institutions who have already helped others. This is part of the “thing” promised in the first campaign that we have rarely seen in the past five years. gb’s understanding of the Fed govt being a friend to those institutions public or private that help others…this does not spirit away the poor handling of the hurricane or anything else that I bring up from time to time…but I gave them my worthless thumbs up for Roberts (we’ll see about Judge Ito) – and I’ll say (in my, AGAIN worthless political opinion) this was a good thing and more than I expected to see for the schools taking in hurricane victims at this time.

…oh, one more small Valentine for g bushy today. I think the India trip is going to be one of this administration’s few foreign policy successes. The hard line approach to New Delhi as a nuclear outlaw is pretty dated and pathetic. Those who would argue that coming to the table w/ India on nuclear material is only going to encourage rogue nuclear powers like North Korea and Iran to continue their pursuit of weapons simply don’t understand the meaning of the word rogue. If you see your people eating bark and you’re still spending money in the pursuit of missile and other technology, you are either determined to have a weapons program – or you are a sick fuck who likes to watch people eat bark.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't remember a time when more people (on both sides) were so angry with an admin on so many different issues - Iraq, immigration, gas prices, outsourcing, Katrina, health care costs, portgate, the economy (see first negative savings rate since 1933), etc. I'm trying to think of who will consider this India trip as a foreign policy success and not as a convenient excuse for g bushy to get out of the country for awhile. cousin angry republican

10:11 AM  
Blogger Chris B. said...

They should send me to India. I like the food and I'm always right.

10:37 AM  
Blogger edP said...

ChrisB - that was my original suggestion. If anyone in any negotiation got out of line - all you'd have to say is "You smell like balls.

Re: everybody angry at the g b ushy regime - they brought most of it on themselves. But I actually felt good after hearing two stories on the news (both sort of surprised me in their timing...maybe Indai was less surprising). And COusin AR - I think you're right on the mark at the end of your comments - there are many who'll just say he wanted to get out of the country and Inidai is as good a place as any.

I try to be fair - I think. When you're as ignorant as I am - you should at least try to be fair.

Here at this blog we're fair and ignorant.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all ignorant. The masses are asses. Thank goodness we have elected officials with direct access to Infinite Wisdom. c.m.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Lady Di )O( said...

Hey Ed - today at work I had to create a party invitation in Word with pretty pictures and stuff!

That means statistics and financials this weekend. FIRE!

1:29 PM  
Blogger P-Dizzle said...

I agree that the India trip is a success, but it also should be put in perspective: this is just the Preznit doing his job. We're so unused to that that when we see him doing something he SHOULD be doing, we say, "Aw, look at him, doing his job."

Bush has got to have had one of the strangest Preznitsies ever.

2:13 PM  
Blogger olddogdk said...

Not really knowing the mind of G Bushy, I would think that a part of this trip is to at least make a nice showing of support for a friendly nuke state in the local intermediate targeting range - take THAT Iran!

It's been difficult for me to wrap my head around the implications of the major issues he's had to tackle. I don't really dislike much of what he's done, but WHY THE HELL CAN'T HE JUST COME OUT AND TELL ME THE REAL REASONS FOR DOING THEM! Really, prez - I can take it!

Why isn't he blogging? Where'd he go?

3:03 PM  
Blogger edP said...

I may have to start my own g bushy blog

5:06 PM  
Blogger edP said...

By the way OD - re Irack...I'm not convinced that g bushy had to tackle Irack...it seems more like he wanted to tackle it FOR SOME REASON HE REFUSES TO TELL YOU OR I OR ANYONE WHO AIN'T WIT 'IM! The most important f.p. moves of this administration seem to have been done in the shadows and when they've tried to explain them to us they change stories just often enough to make reasonable women and men who follow these things wonder if we have ever been told the truth.

Here's an interesting question: Which will be higher by the end of nex week: dickchains public approval numbers 18% (I think Joseph Stalin scored an 18 in Akron Ohio in 1949)...or a certain Veeps Blood Alcohol content on a certain hunting trip that shal remain unsolved...er, nameless.

Ok, now I'm piling on and being a jerk.

10:17 PM  
Blogger edP said...

Speaking of piling on - I sent my first, chippy anti-Cubs e-amil to one of my e-pissy friends. I haven't made fun of the Blue team since the beginning of last season when the Sox started out so well. He started it though - but I sort of feel bad. No making fun of the Cubs on the blog though.

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear the Yoda song!

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home