Father Son Road Trip
Another fun Sunday excursion w/ the boy…Going to Holy Mass on Saturdays really frees up Sundays for road trips, adventures stuff like that. I’m sure that’s the wrong attitude to have – but I love hitting the streets with Alex. That doesn’t sound right either. Before we left, we watched this thing on the ScienceChannel about rebuilding some racecar from the 60’s. We also made his new mix CD. Here are the tracks Alex picked from Daddy’s record collection:
1. Everyday People - Sly
2. One of the Survivors (Johnny Thunder) - Kinks
3. Demolition - Kinks
4. Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts - Dylan
5. Side 2 – Dressy Bessy
6. Electrified – Dressy Bessy
7. I Want to Thank You Fallletin me be Mice Elf(sp???) – Sly
8. We Will Rock You - Queen
9. We Are the Champions - Queen
10. Here Comes Flash - Kinks
11. Jackie Wilson Said - van Morrison
12. Listen to the Lions – van Morrison
13. Urlacher – cOp
14. Norwegian Wood (our version)
15. La, La, La, La (La, La, La, La, La, La, La)
....we listen to the whole disc once – but we ended up listening to Everyday People and We Will Rock you the most.
Visited the Cousin Mike family. It was great to see Alex and T play together. He told me on the way home: “I like her. She doesn’t play with dolls.” Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
T’s a great kid and it was good to see my Cousin and his family doing so well.
Worked really late at the studio on Sat night but Larry and I got the fB live album: I WANT MY MONEY BACK: AN EVENING WITH THE FLOATING BASEMENT and the fB’s third studio album SMELL-o-VISION done. There’s no doubt that this live album is the best sounding thing the fB did between ’91 and ‘94. The last live show sucked (sonically and otherwisely) – but all the live tapes between ’91 and ’92 blow away our “studio” albums during those early years. Maybe the suspicion quotes around the word studio hint at why…What? Cousin Mike got his copies and Bill will get his this week. I’m not going to send any out to friends until I get our first album GOITER re-done and inseminated, er disseminated. No one will cry about that, will they?
1. Everyday People - Sly
2. One of the Survivors (Johnny Thunder) - Kinks
3. Demolition - Kinks
4. Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts - Dylan
5. Side 2 – Dressy Bessy
6. Electrified – Dressy Bessy
7. I Want to Thank You Fallletin me be Mice Elf(sp???) – Sly
8. We Will Rock You - Queen
9. We Are the Champions - Queen
10. Here Comes Flash - Kinks
11. Jackie Wilson Said - van Morrison
12. Listen to the Lions – van Morrison
13. Urlacher – cOp
14. Norwegian Wood (our version)
15. La, La, La, La (La, La, La, La, La, La, La)
....we listen to the whole disc once – but we ended up listening to Everyday People and We Will Rock you the most.
Visited the Cousin Mike family. It was great to see Alex and T play together. He told me on the way home: “I like her. She doesn’t play with dolls.” Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
T’s a great kid and it was good to see my Cousin and his family doing so well.
Worked really late at the studio on Sat night but Larry and I got the fB live album: I WANT MY MONEY BACK: AN EVENING WITH THE FLOATING BASEMENT and the fB’s third studio album SMELL-o-VISION done. There’s no doubt that this live album is the best sounding thing the fB did between ’91 and ‘94. The last live show sucked (sonically and otherwisely) – but all the live tapes between ’91 and ’92 blow away our “studio” albums during those early years. Maybe the suspicion quotes around the word studio hint at why…What? Cousin Mike got his copies and Bill will get his this week. I’m not going to send any out to friends until I get our first album GOITER re-done and inseminated, er disseminated. No one will cry about that, will they?


13 Comments:
1. My son is also on a "We Will Rock You" kick. I went to the store fully intending to get a best of Queen CD but then got selfish and got a Best of the Sweet CD. There was some twisted logic behind that switcheroo that I can't quite remember.
2. We ran into Bill and Trix at Greek2Me last week and I told them I was a proud owner of 2 fB CDs. "Why?" was their incredulous response. They looked truly concerned for my well-being.
It was great seeing you and Alex yesterday. Alex has a really sweet nature. Speaking of which - I pick The Sweet over Queen anyday. Alright fellas!
I seem to vaguely recall an fB show for Bill & Trix at Josh's place around 2000 (was that that last one you mean?). I thought a good time was had by all. C.M.
Yeah gimme the Sweet too...
By "last" I meant the one and only show from the aborted "THE FLOATING BASEMENT HATES YOU SUMMER '94 TOUR"...which I still want to put out there (even though the sound is not so good)...
Re: us playing at Bill and Trixie's reception - we did NOT record it and that's a regret of mine.
I had a great time at yer place too
Oh, and PDawg - don't worry about Bill's fB remarks...15 years after joining - he's still the new guy.
Last summer I commissioned a CD of train songs from a co-worker for the kid, and holy cats does he love that disc. We've listened to it somewhere near six gazillion times. In fact, it was such a hit that I've been considering a CD of moon songs (if only to get choo-choo-ch-boogie out of my head), but I keep thinking that, once I get Blue Moon of Kentucky on there, where else is there to go? I mean, that song is pretty much the zenith - unless fB recorded any songs about the moon....
back in '84 at Hill Humper High, one of the priests sent us to the chapel to listen to "Dark Side of the Moon" in complete darkness. I don't think that was right. C.M.
I was at Bill & Trixy's at 7Dead and I don't remember fB playing! And I didn't even get drunk at that thing!! was it in the basement? I may have been scared to go down there.
I do remember that was to be the site of the first Old Dog/Prairie Dawg rap showdown.
I also remember a huge group picture...don't I? I would LOVE to see that (if I didn't in fact dream it). If someone has that, it MUST be posted on ePissy. Shit, I'd pay for a copy of that.
Boo hoo.
P Dawg, I think you mean that was the first smack down of the P Dawg?
Awright ya rancid muthafuckrs - I told you already - NO CONTINUING THE RAP WAR ON MY BOLG! You can just take your rap war somewhere else
I [heart] your bolg.
You heart my bolg...oh, I just saw where I wrote about my bolg. Did it in capital letters too.
I'M A FRIGGIN' IDIOT!
Seriously - great post the other night ChrisB - you need to add your other bolg to your profile so other people can find it - unless you don't want them to - in which case I should shut up.
Oh - to CM above - the only thing worse than the scenario you mentioned would be if they played Piper at the Gates of Dawn in the Dark. I mean, it's a better record - but shyyyy-it - it would be creepy.
If my brain is working properly...
Let me stop that right there.
I seem to remember the 7Dead thing being in the actual store because it had been cleared out just before the ornery manager skipped town.
Gundy remembers the last last fB show. Kudos and much love to you. Mr. J even gave us a PA to use - the first time the fB didn't run live vocals through either my old Gibson Kalamazoo amp - or a kroaky-oakey machine I bought from Toys 'R Us.
I still wish we recorded the show...but it will live on in the memories of those who...aw skip it.
I want ChrisB's other blog name!
Post a Comment
<< Home