My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Friday, April 28, 2006

The New Links Are Here

Finally. I’ve added a link to the blog of greatest guitar player ever. Sorry other guitar players. This person doesn’t need to practice. His guitar used to be in the trunk of his car. I am not showing any favoritism because this particular guitar player is related to me. I have also added links to the two great gals who are becoming real friends as a result of being e-friends. Will the wonders of the internets ever cease?

----------------------- - - - -------------------- -- - ----- - -- - - ---- --- --- - ---- --

I’ve got a feeling the WhiteSox are going to get their asses kicked by the LosAngeles Angels of Los Alamos. The SOX have always had problems on the Left Coast, they went to the Playboy Mansion last night (I hope there was no trouble involving Johnny Drama, Paul Konerko ‘n Ralph Maccccccccccio) and the Angels have plenty of bones to pick with my beloved SOX. I hope AJ strikes out and tries running down to 1st. There’s gonna be a fight. The SOX are so cool. What I say next is probably going to anger people more than the blue shit I threw in the general direction of the North Side team a few weeks ago.

I loved the ’85 Bears, but fuck the ’85 Bears. The WhiteSox and their leadership are cooler than those guys, especially if they can somehow manage to repeat. Even if they don’t repeat, fuck the ’85 Bears and the whole Characters with Character. Ditka was the biggest hypocrite, literally 5 minutes after make the speech to those guys about not wasting their time and talent on endorsements he (Da Coach) did adds for everything, he tried to rip the Isotoners from Dan Marino’s hands, he wanted to change the name of Preparation H to Preparation D, and when he returned to coaching he traded everything the Saints had (including the owner’s parasol) to draft Mr. 4:20. Yes I know my son’s birthday is 4/20 and the first bastard that gives him a grateful dead album is going to spend a month digging my foot out of their ass. Ozzie is a real baseball man and knows his shit. If he ever goes anywhere else, the SOX better hope it’s not within the division. When it came to player personnel Ditka was and is a joke. The SOX are actually playing better this year (minus Garland) than last, Ozzie is Ozzie and there is more substance in his pinky than Ditka has in his whole body (just watch him on NFL Countdown, Ozzie would never do shit like that).

Yeah, I loved the Bears when I was a kid and I’ll always love the franchise. Just the stories and what the SOX are doing with the success they earned, way cooler. If they can make it to the post season you know they will not lay the same kind of egg the Bears did the year after the Superbowl, losing in the first round to the Skins. The Joe C article on the trip to the mansion was great. And these rooks, Anderson and McCarthy thinking they have a shot with Heff’s Helpers. I guess Brian Anderson struck out more times yesterday than he has all season.

On a serious note, this trip in CA is an interesting counterpoint to the trip Kenny organized to the Negro Leagues Hall of Fame at the beginning of the season. He helped bring more heat to the boneheads who did not vote Buck O’Neil into the Hall of Fame and used the cache of the world champs to do it. Class all the way. The shots of all the young WhiteSox being in awe of meeting Mr. O’Neil and talking up their visit multiple times this year. Imagine any of the ’85 Bears and their management doing anything for someone other than their own “legends.”

Fuck ‘em.

Go SOX.

24 Comments:

Blogger DC Liar said...

That's it.
I'm givin' Lil'P a Grateful Dead album AND the Superbowl Shuffle DVD.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Michael K said...

Now you're just being stupid. You don't live in the city so you may not see some of the shit your boys are shilling for. I have to look at pics of Ozzie dressed as a gaucho with a big skewer of meat everyday for "Brazzaz!" one of the Argentinian steak houses that keep opening up all over the city. Konerko was at a car dealership last week handing out hot dogs.

At least the Bears got national contracts.

And to follow in your footsteps, fuck the negro leagues and Buck O'Neil. What charitites did they organize? I have never seen Buck in a United Way commercial.

10:13 AM  
Blogger DC Liar said...

Daaaamn.
Oh no he didn't.

Time to sit back and watch the e-fur a flyin'.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I predicted Jon G would wet the bed. I'm going to say 12 up 16 down for this year.

Anthem of the Sun really isn't that bad.

10:18 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Dc Liar, Re this: "Daaaamn.
Oh no he didn't. Time to sit back and watch the e-fur a flyin'."

That's why I wrote what I did. I had nothing significant to say so I thought let's piss people off. Maybe I can write for the SunTimes.

Oh shit, I wasn't supposed to say that. I blew it.

10:39 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Michael, yes I am being stupid. But complaining about a baseball player at a car dealership handing out hot dogs?...that's what they do. You must've been at Dusty's wine tasting in the city. Did he explain how you get wine stains off wristbands? I bet Konerko stayed the whole time and didn't leave a bunch of kids feeling nless than just ducky a la one of the Blue Man Group from Broke Arm Mountain.

And regarding Ozzie vs. Ditka in the shilling department, I'll take an Argentinian steakhouse anyday over speaking on behalf of Dan Quaylllle's version of family values.

I loved the old Bears, I just think there is something liberating (and stupid) about saying

Fuck the '85 Bears.

Say it with me, it's fun.

10:45 AM  
Blogger edP said...

I just invalidated my own argument. What's "nless"?

I'm an idiot.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Chris B. said...

Forget my comments in the previous post. You suck.

Ozzie lover.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Michael K said...

I didn't say you are stupid just being stupid.

Also, NONE of the stuff they are shilling for is on the south side. Probably because it would look bad to do promos for a meth lab or a crack house.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Sultan of Swaff said...

Nice one, Michael. I have to agree with Ed. I think he's trying to say let's put the fuckin' 85 bears to rest already. Their shelf life as pitchmen expired about 13 years ago, and yet we still are forced to look at their tired old mugs every season. They're stealing from the current Bears, a fine team who deserve their fair share of the endorsement dollars.
It's not very PC to do, but fuck the Negro Leagues too. Far too many players from that league made it into the Hall. They had a number of worthy players, but the Veteran's Committee let their guilt get the best of them most of the time, especially in the latest group to go in this year. It's the kind of bullshit that waters down the importance of the joint. Pretty soon they'll be canonizing anyone who ever donned a jock strap, like the NFL does..........the Sox have a tough week ahead. We'll see how good they really are.

12:50 PM  
Blogger P-Dizzle said...

The 85 Bears are the 85 Bears. After last years' completely uncalled-for re-trotting out of everything 85 Bears, let's hope they give that great team a rest for a few years. That shit is old enough now to smack more than a little of the 'old timer ' shit I couldn't stand hearing about when I was a kid.

But Ditka could very well be The Most Overrated Coach Ever--though he was always good for a cranky comment.

I truly think the fact that he resembled an actual bear is part of the key to his "longevity."

2:08 PM  
Blogger Michael K said...

I guess you're right about them being tired. I was speaking more of the '85 bears during their era. Ditka's ultimate demise was that he wanted to keep playing the kind of football he played long after most had moved on to a flashier style of play. You can't build a defense designed to stop the running game and then watch your corners get spun around all day. His temper and bull-headedness didn't help either.

I also think of Walter Payton when I think of that team and he was my hero growing up. He was a band geek, short, and soft spoken but man could he play ball. Class act all around.

My father was a musician and when he played weddings, my mother was often allowed to attend. While my dad was playing a fella noticed my mom was sitting by herself and tapping her feet and asked if she'd like to dance. My mom did and so they got up and danced and had a good time. My mom noticed while they were dancing that my father was staring at them intently. Unusual, cuz my often danced with other guys when my dad was on stage.

A break finally came and my dad came flying off the stage asking my mom, "Where's that guy you were dancing with?" My mom indicated that he had left and my dad was really pissed. My mom asked, "Why are you so upset?" and my dad answered, "You were just dancing with Walter Payton! I wanted his autograph." My mother had no idea who he was.

And that's my Paul Harvey moment of the day.

3:02 PM  
Blogger edP said...

S of Swaff - the forcast for the SOX this week - not so good. If they lost two out of three to the M's (who ain't that hot) they could be in trouble against the Angels. They never play well on the West Coast - good and bad Oakland teams (mostly good) have always handed them their lunch out there too. I'm just stirring the pop.

And Michael, I said "being stupid" - I didn't think you called me stupid. I also agree that I was being stupid. This post was better than my original one where I wanted to compare the SOX to the Replacements and the Cubs to the Greatful Dead (uh oh, I let that one out).

Now that's stupid.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Michael K said...

Don't worry, Ed. All us boys in blue are stupid. We can't get enough abuse. Like Bush said, "Hit once, shame on goats. Hit twice, shame on hurricane Katrina and all those black people I don't care about."

I know I back a loser. You can drop that part of your hate. What us Cubs fans really back is the dream. I don't mean the frat boys and soccer moms that you guys are inheriting this year. I am talking about hope.

You have faith so I think you get it. No matter what, we are sticking with these fuckers to the death. It's MY team. I have become attached to these folks. Bears are the same for me. Even in the worst seasons, every loss breaks my heart.

Now that's stupid. But I never claimed my heart was smart.

7:10 PM  
Blogger edP said...

That is so cool that you met Ozzie.

Re: my confrot zone - schweetie, I don't have a comfort zone, you've been out in public with me.

And what do you mean we don't have adventures in DeKalb? Just the other day I saw Jim Morrison guy trip over hunch back guy.

Alex and I are coming to see the dragon at the Shedd.

9:53 PM  
Blogger edP said...

Michael, you wanna compare losers? If the Cubs had sealed the deal in 2003, that would've been it for the SOX in this town. I would've still cheered for them until the day they were moved to LasVegas or some shit like that. Go back and read the DC Liar posts about the news coverage, or lack thereof after the SOX won the WS.

Even this year, Sports Illustrated did the top ten #1&2 pitching combinations in baseball. Buehrle and Contreras (who are arguably the best 1-2 punch in baseball) didn't make the list. Prior and fucking Zambrano (idiot that he is) are on it and the only appearance Prior's made this season is in court and Carlos needs to make an appearance at his shrink's office.

Changing the topic completely, that is so cool that your mom got to meet AND DANCE WITH Walter Payton.

10:01 PM  
Blogger edP said...

Finally, regarding the DC Liar's initial remark - I've been trying to figure out all day what's worse? Grateful Ded record? Superbowl Shuffle DVD? As with so many things in this life, I am completely fucking lost.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Michael K said...

The GD record is worse. You might not care if your kid is liberal or conservative but PLEASE dont't let him be boring.

11:06 PM  
Blogger DC Liar said...

I actually own the Super Bowl Shuffle DVD ($5.99 @ Wal Mart, Baby).
For about a month straight I'd taken to slipping it in the DVD player, hitting 'play', and then putting it on repeat before leaving for work. Drinky Joe hasn't been quite right since.
6 straight hours of subliminal shufflin' will do strange things to a man.

9:17 AM  
Blogger edP said...

WHOO HOO! I was totally wrong about my SOX prediction for this weekend. A sweep - and no retaliation for the plunking of AJP. Great baseball and class all the way.

I gues my beloved WhiteSox got all the strikeouts out of the way at the Mansion.

7:40 AM  
Blogger edP said...

How'd the Cubs do?

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
canada liquidators plotters tamiflu and without a prescription levaquin ear drops gmc trucks xanax boards fantasy baseball commish free low interest rate credit cards lamborghini apparel loreal cosmetics aspire credit cards chrysler smart give away timeshare tenuate payless dental plans back pain relief gold city there rose a lamb in jerusalem digital camcorder review kitchen hardware ultracet dosage umaxppc

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

4:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home