My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Linkage of a Different Kind

Cousin Mike and his beautiful family came out for a visit. Mike and I went golfing, Kim and Joan hung out and T & Alex pretended they were bank guards hell bent on a mission to bring justice to banking everywhere…

…which is more than I can say for Wolfowitzzzzzzzzz.

It was great seeing my Cousin. Bill Garver even took a break in preparing for his festivities to come by and yak. Nice.

Just got a copy of a few chapters of WTG’s book via e-mail. I’m geeked up about reading it. I talked to him about taking part in the reading jeanz, auftn, DC, the B’s and others have been planning.

I talk a good game (or a God game) but I need to do more of what I did on Sunday. Slow down, forget about my writing, projects, obsession with baseball (it was the only SOX Cubs game I didn’t watch)…I need to spend time with family and friends. I need to just chill. It’s not like my life is so hectic that I am in a constant state of motion. I can just be real selfish and not go out of my way to make time for others. A good way to see the Lord is to see him in others. The only way I can see Him in others is to actually spend time with others and not holed up in my basement office.

Last week I just sat and shot the shit in the backyard with the PDawg. That was nice. This Sunday I said to heck with everything, I am going to spend the afternoon with a guy I’ve known since I was born.

I have wasted much time and energy in the past trying to avoid small talk. Why? What do I have to say that is so big?

I’m really really really gonna try not to talk anymore junk about the Cubs. Kim asked me to explain why some of the people who posted comments seem to hate the SOX so much. I think part of the vitriol is a result of my snide-ass backhanded compliments and fronthanded backhands to all that is Cubdom. I’m not saying people wouldn’t hate AJ or the SOX if it wasn’t for me. That makes no sense.

Thanks to Ms. E for inviting the boy and I to another SOX game. Sorry we couldn’t make it. We’ve been on several missions for momma.

Sorry to ChrisB and the Supercush guys that I missed the show at the House (Friday). I totally spaced and had something else going. I hope it went well. I had a blast at the Otto’s show. I’ve got a put a link to the Supercush MySapce page because Less is More is quickly becoming my new favorite ADF related thing. How’s that for being obscure? Better than being obtuse.

Or a rhombus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home