My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

We're Americans Baby

…our names don’t mean shit. Thanks to all for the input on my Crue/Journey personal journey. I will take Tom, Chris (and OD’s) advice and give Too Fast for Love another chance. I had friends in high school that were into that record…one guy was in this band called E.Z. Pleazer and I thought if he liked it; it’s got to be a humungous piece of crap.

Again, maybe another instance of me being an idiot. I guess we can throw it on the pile. The 'ed is an idiot' examples pile not the 'bad records made in Western Civilization' pile.

Tower Records is closing its doors. Where will the useless A&R men of tomorrow come from?

Answer: Mexico.

One thing that is not so slimy about crawling around the My Space Pages adding bigDrag friends…seeing people give themselves names that fit their character etc…

I like the notion that people use the internet to unveil a persona that is within them. I am one of those boring people who is pretty much the same on the internet as I am in my daily life. There is much to mock in the My Space world – and mock it we shall…but I think there is something worth noting about a large (sometimes overly horny) group of people assuming names that they feel define them.

Clearly I prefer what we have done with the e-pissy and the blogs here @ Blogger. ChrisB said it best: “You go on the blogs and it’s just like stumbling in on a conversation some Thursday night at the Annex. Stumbling being the operative word.”

Great, we’ve turned the internets into the Annex.

But his point is a good one.

On the non-airplanes-crashing-into-buildings-baseball front, J. Leland had a great line for Mr. Gomez when he told him that he might play against the A’s. He said: “Well the game is at 5pm. That’s when you hit most of your home runs.”

Back to America for a second (because according to bigSoda it is possible that baseball has become unAmerican)...people who may or may not be working to unseat Congressional candidates who raise a shitload of money that they aren't even spending is a fine thing. One piece of advice, ya need to come up with a better name for your movement than C.H.O.M.P. (Challengers Helping Our Majority Program) - yeeesh, it sounds like McGriff the Crime Dawg just decided to throw all his weight behind the law and order crowd.

Then again what do I know, I was just hanging out in my backyard shirtless, drinking a 12pk of Busch and listening to the Crue's Too Fast For Love.

Thanks again Tom.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

“You go on the blogs and it’s just like stumbling in on a conversation some Thursday night at the Annex. Stumbling being the operative word.”

This, on the heels of the conversation I just had with myself on my deck. Missing the blogging but loathe to get into any of All of That again. Nor do I want some of my old readers, um, reading. Because it got a little creepy. Actaully, a lot creepy. Thank goodness I stopped my own "fuckery."

Not sure I can trust myself with a blog quite yet. But, with Chrisb's sentence above, perhaps that is something I can work with!

2:05 AM  
Blogger P-Dizzle said...

"Then again what do I know, I was just hanging out in my backyard shirtless, drinking a 12pk of Busch and listening to the Crue's Too Fast For Love."

That rocks superhard because it was fckn cold yesterday. Next time you do that call me.

Now I know where little "A" gets his shirtlessness from! Hey man those antics are rubbing off on my little guy!

Sow-ooth Side (of Dekalb)

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home