My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Parenting Made Something

It took a little prodding this morning to get Alex to brush his teeth. We like to screw around when we do anything at my house. We got off task and I tried to get him back on task in a happy/slightly barky sort of way…

Me: “Alex, get yer butt in here and brush your teeth!”
Alex: “Aw but Dad…knights never had to brush their teeth.”
Me: “Yeah, well look at them now. They’re all dead.”

Teeth were brushed with great vigor this morning.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael K said...

Cliff Richard never brushes his teeth.

8:52 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Neither does Keith Richards

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fondly rember when my old man said to me...

"You fucking crying? I'll give you something to cry about."

9:20 PM  
Blogger Moderator said...

I use the "They're all dead" argument a lot on my kids. They've yet to figure out a way to beat it.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home