My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Camel Hip

/or Let’s Take the Hipsters to the Pumpkin Patch

/or How I Got a Facial Sunburn in Late October


Yesterday I found out that there is a right way and a wrong way to get on a camel. Ow! My fucking hip is still sore.

The most important thing I found out yesterday is how much I enjoy being a grown up. Yes. I enjoy being a boring, dorky family guy.

Thanks and much love to Steener & Joe for organizing our yearly outing to Goebberts. Johnny, Em & V followed (despite my inept leading) and we met Dev, Laura, Tiny E and unnamed baby in tummy at the pumpkin patch. Joy and fun was had by all. We took a tractor ride to the 99% flood-destroyed, pumpkin patch…

By the way, where was FEMA during this pumpkin crisis? Fucking Bush.

Our tractor got stuck in the mud. The befuckingfuddled tractor driver kept rocking the tractor, of course digging us deeper in the rut (not a metaphor) and the way poor Laura was being jolted around I thought we had a chance of meeting unnamed baby on this beautiful, fall afternoon.

By the way, where was FEMA while our tractor was stuck in the mud? Fucking Bush.

This was the only incident of the day, and it was a cute, family-fun, Kodak carousel slide moment.

Sorry Mad Men fans.

Anyone who knows me & Devin know we have seen some dark and stupid fucking days in our lives.

During the ride home I kept thinking how sweet it was to have made it through whatever stupidity I have subjected myself to in my life and be able to enjoy things like a Saturday afternoon spent on a pumpkin farm with my wife and child. I was happy to see my old friend was in the same place as well.

All the things that were soooo big, so dramatic (to speak as the idiot I was) all the things that seemed so tragic, existential or chaotic and seemed to be a justification for destructive behavior...

I can't remember half of what they were or why they bothered me so much.

This probably sounds like some bullshit, self-congratulatory nonsense and I guess it is.

It’s just cool to see everyone grown up and playing nice.

Thank you God for my family & friends, please be with them all their days.

7 Comments:

Blogger bigsoda said...

In addition to dark and stupid, they were smelly...

5:46 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Sorry about that.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Michael K said...

Glad to hear that your toes were not injured.

9:52 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Just my crotch

10:23 AM  
Blogger Moderator said...

Is getting your tractor stuck in the mud code for something naughty?

2:46 PM  
Blogger kroushlconflict said...

:) Thanks for the fun day, despite the harrowing tractor episode. We could've done without that.

6:53 PM  
Blogger edP said...

Good times.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home