Dionysus in the Sunshine
I understand why certain ancient peoples chose to worship the sun. It is just past midnight and I am sobering up after a day of sun-fueled (and booze-fueled) moderately bad behavior. Even when I couldn’t be trusted to watch a dog…
Younger ed to soon to be ex-girlfriend: “Look, I don’t know how the puke stains got on your dog but I did a good job taking care of it while you and your folks were out of town.”
Soon to be ex-girlfriend to younger ed: “That’s not our dog.”
…but even back in those days I got in less trouble and enjoyed myself more out in the sun rather than doing or consuming the same things after dark.
Why?
The sun and open sky always seem to make life lighter. Time spent with friends in the sun is infinitely worth it. Even if I get the skin cancer…
“And me with the cancer…”
Sorry fans of No Country for Old Men
Thanks and much love to dear friends who chose to spend this day in the sun with me and my little crew. Thanks to the good folks at Rosita’s who let us push back our reservations several times and turned a blind eye to the shameful abuse of soap in the men’s room. I cleaned most of it up.
Finally, thanks be to Nature or Nature’s God for giving my son a powerful gag reflex. If not for the boy’s esophageal strength we might have ended up in the emergency room after the shameful abuse of Rosita’s complimentary mints. Remember kids, the mints are complimentary until you start turning blue.
A day of fun in the sun did not leave me any more relaxed in dealing with this minor crisis, but I figure that’s why Alex has two parents…the good one and the presently mustachioed, occasionally drinky, sometimes neurotic, oftentimes obnoxious but always grateful pseudo-sun worshiper.
Guess which one I am…
Younger ed to soon to be ex-girlfriend: “Look, I don’t know how the puke stains got on your dog but I did a good job taking care of it while you and your folks were out of town.”
Soon to be ex-girlfriend to younger ed: “That’s not our dog.”
…but even back in those days I got in less trouble and enjoyed myself more out in the sun rather than doing or consuming the same things after dark.
Why?
The sun and open sky always seem to make life lighter. Time spent with friends in the sun is infinitely worth it. Even if I get the skin cancer…
“And me with the cancer…”
Sorry fans of No Country for Old Men
Thanks and much love to dear friends who chose to spend this day in the sun with me and my little crew. Thanks to the good folks at Rosita’s who let us push back our reservations several times and turned a blind eye to the shameful abuse of soap in the men’s room. I cleaned most of it up.
Finally, thanks be to Nature or Nature’s God for giving my son a powerful gag reflex. If not for the boy’s esophageal strength we might have ended up in the emergency room after the shameful abuse of Rosita’s complimentary mints. Remember kids, the mints are complimentary until you start turning blue.
A day of fun in the sun did not leave me any more relaxed in dealing with this minor crisis, but I figure that’s why Alex has two parents…the good one and the presently mustachioed, occasionally drinky, sometimes neurotic, oftentimes obnoxious but always grateful pseudo-sun worshiper.
Guess which one I am…


5 Comments:
...the gay one? ;)
Thanks for putting the whole thing together. It should be an official outing. Maybe we could work a show into it somehow, too. Like maybe we play the night before, then golf with hangovers. (I know for a fact that would not affect my game.)((can't get much worse.))
KJ has a mustache? Awesome!
I don't have a mustache, yet. I expect one some day- I am eastern European.
It was great to see everyone.
You'll still be hot with the mustache. And when that day comes Big Sky, I can call you Steve just as we always dreamed.
Don't swallow mints whole, kids!
And don't crush & snort Altoids at McDonalds either. Hurts like hell.
Post a Comment
<< Home