My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Six Thumbs Up

SUNDAY May 31

Cookie barked her ass off and woke us up early. I’m finding out the hard way that there is no snooze button on a Chihuahua. Went to 8am with the little family. Msgr. Nelson is celebrating his 16th year of being an ordained priest. When we got home, the boy drew an awesome picture as a present for his favorite priest and we dropped it off in Msgr.’s mailbox. Golfed, cut the rest of the grass, then Alex and I fired up the grill and cooked brats. Thanks OD for the tip about boiling those bad boys first.


MONDAY June 1, 2009

So another NL pitcher doesn’t want to come and pitch for the WhiteSOX. Guess Oswalt doesn’t want to trade in the giant tractor Drayton McClane gave him for a Camero. His loss. I thought for sure the SOX would begin losing today after such a great weekend. The A’s are a team built to beat the present incarnation of the SOX. The A’s are struggling and have a bunch of young lefties the good guys have never seen before and the SOX are riding a win streak, coming home and making them think they will hit every ball out of SOX park. Of course nobody cheered louder than me when Thome but the SOX up big time by hitting one out. Loving the chants of “H – G – H” every time Giambi comes to the plate. Maybe the drugs are why that bastard’s mustache is so much better than mine was. Stupid steroid-era. What else? I went to the dentist by mistake after work. I am a stupid fucking idiot. Cookie and I took Alex to practice and a fun time was had by all…especially by the younger siblings hanging out around the park. They gave Cookie all the love she could handle. The best part of today? - the Old Dog returns to HHE from HHEngland


TUESDAY June 2

Rock practice with everybody in the same room. Nice. Scheduling stuff both with the recording and the Somethingth Annual Big Drag Golf Outing. June 20th? We will see.


WED June 3 - - THURS June 4 – Kim works her ass off to get ready for the end of the year….Alex and I stay out of the way – I took 2 hours on Thursday and had to take more personal time on Friday The last coupla days the SOX start playing like I thought they would this week…down to their crappy competition trotting out nobody pitchers.


Friday June 5

½ day today and it was well spent. Got the boy from school had lunch at Tom and Jerry’s. We talked about his last day of 2nd grade, the things he loved about this past school year and when, exactly he would be, by definition a 3rd grader. He’s very particular about that sort of thing. Hopefully we don’t have a young lawyer on our hands. Afton with Cookie, then Shabonna fun fun fun - - Family Movie night – crash late with Kim watching Hannah and her Sisters


SATURDAY June 6

Early breakfast with the boy, then did some bills. Took Alex to baseball practice at 11am and listened to first Springsteen record while we ran errands. We bought the boy his first cup today. It’s a milestone of sorts. Then the whole family went to see Up. All due respect and love for Pixar where the story is king and they do their best to make a great story come to life with their wizardry….which is exactly how this whole movie thing is supposed to work. The SOX sort of take a step towards redeeming themselves with a win, but this week has been so bad that if I was Ozzie I’d be thinking about breaking out a “you’re the suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked” speech. It couldn’t hurt.

6 Comments:

Anonymous aka goo said...

Just got back from watching UP- did you all see it in 3d? They showed a 3d preview for some sort of X-games movie and the bikes and skateboards seemed to fly right for your face. Quite cool.

4:52 PM  
Blogger edP said...

we went to the old timey theater in Sycamore because it is Alex's favorite (they have the stand up Donkey Kong and Ms. Pac Man games in the lobby) so we did not see it in fantastic digital 3D. The story was so moving that it came across in "2D" just fine (although we may see it again). Glad you got to see the picture w/ your crew. Did little M. like Mr. Fredrickson? Alex really wants a cane now

4:32 AM  
Blogger Chris B. said...

I'm not even gonna add my comments on the boiling of brats because you probably put ketchup on them, anyhow. TRAVESTY!

1:22 PM  
Blogger edP said...

I didn't put ketchup on them...but is it naughty to boil brats before grilling em?

8:14 PM  
Anonymous aka goo said...

I found a website that has color printables for UP--- two of them were little 3d guys you can make of Mr. Fredrickson, the house (with balloons) and Russell. I'll find the link sometime tonight and tomorrow and send it to you. M loved the entire thing. I loved how Dug (yes, that's how it was spelled in the credit) reacted after the confrontation with all the dogs and Alpha in the cockpit of the zepplin.

8:44 PM  
Anonymous aka goo said...

http://family.go.com/entertainment/pkg-disney-up-printables/?CMP=NL_NLC_7LittleThings_06_08_160x153_UP_printables

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home