My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Monday, July 12, 2010

From Pretty Bad to First

IN A MONTH!

Somewhere around the first week of June, my sources (a local sports radio talking guy...ok, so I have no sources) indicated that the WhiteSOX were a couple of phone calls away from trading AJ and that action would begin a more general sell-off of SOX players thus writing off the season.

Everyone had written them off. I had written them off, even though I though the way the team was conceived was solid (in the off season). A bowl off shit can look good in the offseason if it has a good scouting report so I was content to think that my previous faith in the club was ill-conceived from the onset. Oh, who else wrote off the SOX? The SOX front office seemed poised to write the team off in that they were looking to send AJ to Texas.

Stupid Texas.

This is all before the last 30 games or so...where the players on the field proceeded to win 25 or 26 of the last 30. Forgive me for not knowing the exact number. Relative to how they started, it seems as if they've won every game they played the last month. I don't know where the team goes from here and, to be honest, I don't care.

To see the team I love play with poetry, with excellence, with this kind of passion...when they started off so badly - - is enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home