My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Toto IV

Only dumbass economists could take an expression like “double-dip” and turn it to something bad. Way to go economists. Dumbasses!

Passed my dispenser exam. The only points I lost were in the sections where I had to use my fucked up hand. KL did a great job training my uncoordinated ass and helped me look like a professional when I held an otoscope and performed an examination. It was no easy task. I practiced all weekend even after the bad stuff happened to my hand. I actually had to practice more to adapt to the new circumstances accompanying my lower wrist mobility.

Back to the economy for a moment, as scared as everyone sounds in the wake of the debt ceiling talks and other bunglings emanating from Washington and Wall Street, all I can say is look at Syria. Government shooters, as part of the most recent crackdown are opening fire in neighborhoods, ostensibly targeting anti-government forces - - but when you're shooting in a neighborhood there are a lot of people, pro and anti-government to hit.

NPR interviewed a woman who lives in one of these neighborhoods being cracked down...uh, upon(?)...She compared this crackdown to the last serious, Syrian crackdown she lived through in 1982. Shit, the worst thing that happened in my world circa 1982 was the release of Toto IV so I can't complain about a damned thing.

Come on double-dip recession, do your worst.

I can hear Bill Garver now saying, "Don't taunt the recession ed."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home