Ignorant Ignorance
I don't trust people with more letters in their formal first name than in their last name. Is that racial ignorance or just ignorant ignorance?
I hope it is the latter.
Worked myself into a semi-frenzy on Friday night. That is a bad, not to say completely unnecessary thing for me to do. Calmed down and went to the DeKalb/Sycamore basketball game with my little crew. Sat with our friends the Smiths and had a swell time talking sports, politics and the impending demise of the US Postal system.
DeKalb won the game.
Saturday January 28
Crossed off a major accomplishment on my bucket list. Today, I bought a bucket.
Tomorrow, I buy a mop.
The day after, the world!
Did some writing on TINaM and then worked on a new arrangement for X is in Motion. It could work but I don't want to distract myself from other things by taking this too far. This may be part of what happens to someone who keeps creating even after they lose their guts to share the material or work with other people.
Dammit this is a pathetic and bad feeling.
Oh well, what can I do? I'll either overcome it or I won't.
Spurs get beat by the Jazz, but Alex played his best and fought for every rebound. Found out some dear friends of ours are definitely moving away. Alex and Kim were sad but this is a great opportunity for my good pal. We'll definitely visit them next year.
Worked around then house, then had a 2nd family movie night. Kim made steaks from Imboden's. Delicious and fun evening.
Sunday January 29
SOX Fest! Took the boy downtown and we got to see Stoney, R. Ventura, Bill Melton, Big Frank, Ron Kittle, Coop...and Alex got to meet and get an autograph from his favorite player of all time, Joe Crede. The pic Joe signed was cool. All the photos (of the $5 variety on sale at the Expo) were of Joe at the dish. Alex asked one of the vendors, "Do you have any of Joe playing 3rd?"
The guy found one where Joe was diving for a hot smash down the line. Fantastic!
Came home and watched the Bulls lose to the Heat. I love D Rose and Thibbs, but if they don't get one more scoring option I've got a feeling today's game is a preview of this, and a few more, Eastern Conference Finals to come.
Hope I am wrong.
I hope it is the latter.
Worked myself into a semi-frenzy on Friday night. That is a bad, not to say completely unnecessary thing for me to do. Calmed down and went to the DeKalb/Sycamore basketball game with my little crew. Sat with our friends the Smiths and had a swell time talking sports, politics and the impending demise of the US Postal system.
DeKalb won the game.
Saturday January 28
Crossed off a major accomplishment on my bucket list. Today, I bought a bucket.
Tomorrow, I buy a mop.
The day after, the world!
Did some writing on TINaM and then worked on a new arrangement for X is in Motion. It could work but I don't want to distract myself from other things by taking this too far. This may be part of what happens to someone who keeps creating even after they lose their guts to share the material or work with other people.
Dammit this is a pathetic and bad feeling.
Oh well, what can I do? I'll either overcome it or I won't.
Spurs get beat by the Jazz, but Alex played his best and fought for every rebound. Found out some dear friends of ours are definitely moving away. Alex and Kim were sad but this is a great opportunity for my good pal. We'll definitely visit them next year.
Worked around then house, then had a 2nd family movie night. Kim made steaks from Imboden's. Delicious and fun evening.
Sunday January 29
SOX Fest! Took the boy downtown and we got to see Stoney, R. Ventura, Bill Melton, Big Frank, Ron Kittle, Coop...and Alex got to meet and get an autograph from his favorite player of all time, Joe Crede. The pic Joe signed was cool. All the photos (of the $5 variety on sale at the Expo) were of Joe at the dish. Alex asked one of the vendors, "Do you have any of Joe playing 3rd?"
The guy found one where Joe was diving for a hot smash down the line. Fantastic!
Came home and watched the Bulls lose to the Heat. I love D Rose and Thibbs, but if they don't get one more scoring option I've got a feeling today's game is a preview of this, and a few more, Eastern Conference Finals to come.
Hope I am wrong.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home