My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Pen is More Obvious Than the Phone

Found tab for the Seeds' masterpieceofcrap Pushin' Too Hard. I should've found a way to lose said tab shortly thereafter. Alex watched me work out the part on the Tele and he asked, "When did you get that guitar?"

2006.

Man for a guy in zero bands I've got way too many backup guitars.

I've noticed that if you're in a public place but you're trying to work (or just avoid the people) you can be face-down in your smart phone and nobody will interrupt you. People, out of courtesy, note to themselves that you are engaged in something that requires your full concentration (possibly a TWEET) and they leave you in peace. However, should you have the unmitigated (or possibly mitigated) nerve (or is it gall...or Gaul) to be writing in a little notebook (like the one I use to pen these things as journal entries before they end up on the blog) everybody's got a fucking comment.

"Whatcha doin?"

"Watcha writin?"

"Taking notes?"

"How can anyone read that shit?"

Clearly these fools do not understand how much concentration it requires to flesh out observations of this magnitude.

They are dumbasses, and I've got that in writing.

3 Comments:

Anonymous aka goo said...

Hmm, lemme see- M has a travelers' guitar and her Squire, D has a Epiphone Les Paul, a Schecter, a different Squire than M's, and one in pieces that he eventually has the intention to turn into workable guitar, I have an acoustic/electric and a goofy Def Leppard Lyon guitar that we got on deep clearance at target of all places a couple of years back.... and the only one who actually plays is M. Sad and pitiful isn't it. M's better than both D and I.... The Schecter and the Les Paul are at the house so M practices on those when we're over there so I suppose those are family property rather than D's. Anyway, again, way too many guitars with M only being in band/orchestra for her violin.

10:32 PM  
Blogger edP said...

Epiphone makes a really nasty/fun sounding Les Paul Jr too...I played one and almost traded my fake Thinline for one. It's a problem

4:38 AM  
Anonymous aka goo said...

M really likes the hard rock sound of D's Schecter. We got that one for a song. Amazon price matches and one of the places they match with must have had D's model on clearance. We got it about a third of the manufacturer's suggested price. Of course, buying guitars without getting your hands on it is iffy at best but we've been really lucky. The only guitar we've had problems with the neck being out of alignment is one we picked up in the box from guitar center- one of our first two to buy- it was either M or D's squire I think. We took it in to the guitar tech and he took it up to the manager and got the exchange rolling. After that, we unboxed any purchased there either before purchase or directly after purchase with the tech guy and have had no problems. From what I understand, we've been extremely fortunate.

M's been working quite a bit with Rocksmith on the PS3 and it has a whole bunch of filters and "pedals" you can earn by increasing accuracy and mastering new songs. Too bad they don't have something similar with trumpet or violin. Has A had much interest in your guitars, accordian, or Grandpa Vesel's bang bang?

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home