The Revolution Will Be Xeroxed
Wed January 18 Everliving, Everloving
Updated lab lists at work and was busy all day. Exciting. There are some things I've got to watch more closely but for the most part we are in good shape.
Came home and helped Alex with his MLK paper while we listened to Dylan and Joan Baez's version of "I Shall Be Released" and Elvis' "If I Can Dream" and other songs of that ilk.
Call me a hippie...see if I give an everliving, everloving fuck.
Dinner and drinks with our friends John and Janine. Played Big Buck Hunter with the boy. Is it wrong that I want to convince his mom to wear camouflage short shorts?
Thursday January 19 Improvement is Good
Dropped off the water bill, took care of the citicard and handled a few other errands. Alex took two practice spelling tests tonigh, one before hoops practice and the other one after it. The first practice test was a 72% and the one before bedtime - 92%.
Improvement is good, right?
Alex's reward for improving steadily throughout the week was a quick round of cutthroat euchre (or is it Dirty Clubs?) at the end of the day.
Friday January 20 The Best View of Texas Politics
If there's one thing I've learned about Texas politics in studying it from afar - it's not how you run the race, it's how you draw the maps.
I'm not going to say much more about the redistricting fight in the Lone Star State, other than it is on my radar and I don't quite understand all the details. It's easy to pound Texas or accuse it of hinky shit. Why should I pile on?
Family Movie Night - Star Trek TNG Season Six begins. We learn the final fate of Data's head and then watch another episode.
Snowed like fuck! Great night to just chill with the family.
Saturday January 21
Alex and the Spurs get beat by 20. I was in a foul mood for part of the day, not because of the game, not because of anything. I have no excuse for being pissy, ever.
Fixed the door to Alex's room, did a shitload of shoveling, worked on the bills and then the little family made it to Mass late Saturday afternoon.
The boy was invited to a Lord of the Rings sleepover at Swaffords'. Hopefully he doesn't find himself face-to-face with Smeagol in the middle of the night. That's a scary fucking night.
Kim and I went to Eduardo's. I was good, only one glass of whiskey this weekend. Kim and I had fun just hanging out, although she was a little pissed at how new management rearranged our favorite "date restaurant."
Came home and watched part of "Deep Water" and a documentary about the guy who Xeroxed and gave the infamous Pentagon Papers to the Times in the 60's.
Sunday January 22
Editing, worked about the house, then Alex and I had our feast, watched the AFC and NFC Title Games and played some Madden.
Kim went to tea with her girlfriends and then did some schoolwork. Just a relaxing day. Nice.
Updated lab lists at work and was busy all day. Exciting. There are some things I've got to watch more closely but for the most part we are in good shape.
Came home and helped Alex with his MLK paper while we listened to Dylan and Joan Baez's version of "I Shall Be Released" and Elvis' "If I Can Dream" and other songs of that ilk.
Call me a hippie...see if I give an everliving, everloving fuck.
Dinner and drinks with our friends John and Janine. Played Big Buck Hunter with the boy. Is it wrong that I want to convince his mom to wear camouflage short shorts?
Thursday January 19 Improvement is Good
Dropped off the water bill, took care of the citicard and handled a few other errands. Alex took two practice spelling tests tonigh, one before hoops practice and the other one after it. The first practice test was a 72% and the one before bedtime - 92%.
Improvement is good, right?
Alex's reward for improving steadily throughout the week was a quick round of cutthroat euchre (or is it Dirty Clubs?) at the end of the day.
Friday January 20 The Best View of Texas Politics
If there's one thing I've learned about Texas politics in studying it from afar - it's not how you run the race, it's how you draw the maps.
I'm not going to say much more about the redistricting fight in the Lone Star State, other than it is on my radar and I don't quite understand all the details. It's easy to pound Texas or accuse it of hinky shit. Why should I pile on?
Family Movie Night - Star Trek TNG Season Six begins. We learn the final fate of Data's head and then watch another episode.
Snowed like fuck! Great night to just chill with the family.
Saturday January 21
Alex and the Spurs get beat by 20. I was in a foul mood for part of the day, not because of the game, not because of anything. I have no excuse for being pissy, ever.
Fixed the door to Alex's room, did a shitload of shoveling, worked on the bills and then the little family made it to Mass late Saturday afternoon.
The boy was invited to a Lord of the Rings sleepover at Swaffords'. Hopefully he doesn't find himself face-to-face with Smeagol in the middle of the night. That's a scary fucking night.
Kim and I went to Eduardo's. I was good, only one glass of whiskey this weekend. Kim and I had fun just hanging out, although she was a little pissed at how new management rearranged our favorite "date restaurant."
Came home and watched part of "Deep Water" and a documentary about the guy who Xeroxed and gave the infamous Pentagon Papers to the Times in the 60's.
Sunday January 22
Editing, worked about the house, then Alex and I had our feast, watched the AFC and NFC Title Games and played some Madden.
Kim went to tea with her girlfriends and then did some schoolwork. Just a relaxing day. Nice.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home