...well maybe not ALL of his empty promises
Alex and I drove out to the Big City for Elliot Simon’s baptism. She is beautiful and she really looks like Mr. D. Alex was good in church. I was glad to take him to a baptism after two funerals in one week. Yeeesh! – we were getting up to our eyeballs in death.
Cousin Mike finished the requisite number of reviews and posted GONNA TELL ON YOU from the floating Basement’s first record – GOITER on garageband. It is getting killed! People from Ontario are trashing it. I mean, they live in Ontario and they think we suck. I guess people in Ontario are pretty smart. One guy actually picked up on a lot of stuff in there…including the source of the song – and almost everything except the Amazing Kreskin. The guy who figured it out scares me!
If everyone in the fB can take the beating I think this start makes it even more exciting for me to do something with those guys again. I know there are some who will say this is total, tired bullshit but I believe there always needs to be someone in the world of rock ‘n roll making most people go: “My God, this is just a bunch of noise! This is worthless!”
That’s us.
And we are funnier than most people who try to do this.
And more humble.
Cousin Mike finished the requisite number of reviews and posted GONNA TELL ON YOU from the floating Basement’s first record – GOITER on garageband. It is getting killed! People from Ontario are trashing it. I mean, they live in Ontario and they think we suck. I guess people in Ontario are pretty smart. One guy actually picked up on a lot of stuff in there…including the source of the song – and almost everything except the Amazing Kreskin. The guy who figured it out scares me!
If everyone in the fB can take the beating I think this start makes it even more exciting for me to do something with those guys again. I know there are some who will say this is total, tired bullshit but I believe there always needs to be someone in the world of rock ‘n roll making most people go: “My God, this is just a bunch of noise! This is worthless!”
That’s us.
And we are funnier than most people who try to do this.
And more humble.


5 Comments:
Throw a link up on that Garage band thingy.
Oh - right - it's friggin hilarious dude...I think it's on the e-pissy too...somewhere Bill posted the main one...
I'm listening right now, and loving the comments you're getting.
Personally I think that's a f'n righteous guitar solo.
Someone's gonna tell on somebody.
Dude - thank you baby. The one commentator who said it sounded like we didn't know how to play guitar was right. At this point in the band's career - neither Cousin Mike nor I knew a single chord. Bill knew more chords than we did and he was the drummer.
And what better testament to Bill's drumming than that song. It just makes you ask "Chris WHO?"
I needs a Breather too...maybe you could drop it off with Luke?
Post a Comment
<< Home