My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Spleen Me

Family Friday! Alex & I picked up pumpkins given to us by my friend Jane. We got dinner at the cat ‘n mouse so Kim didn’t have to do any cooking on Friday. Then the whole family sat on one couch and watched Empire Strikes Back.

Official Alex quote: “Double awesome.”

I hope the boy hasn’t been watching any Olson Twins videos.

Next time you see me someplace that is not the internet, ask me to tell you MY story of bungled, erotic text messages. It’s a humdinger.

Looking forward to some action and adventure this weekend. There may be some e-pissy drinkin’ going forward at the Annex tomorrow night with a special appearance by g bushy.

Yes, Joe will be there.

joe-bushy.

What else? Tigers up three to zip while the Cards and Mets play for second place.

Looking forward to just hanging with some of my pals for the Monday nite Game instead of practice. bigDrag will be in action soon and we need some time to just hang out and drink and talk and watch the Bears end the poor young USC kid’s career. First he checked into the Hilton, now he’ll be checking into the hospital.

ChrisB blogged about Ploop (my spell check sucks because “ChrisB” “blogged” and “Ploop” ain’t in it) the other day and it got me to thinking about that time in my life. Personally it was crappy for a variety of reasons. Then it got me to thinking of the: Bands I Know, Reunions That Would Not Suck. Here they are in this particular order.

1. Festers
2. Ploop
3. Rod
4. Klugs

Oooooh, if I ever need a spleen and we need to raise money to hire a hit man to kill a guy so I can have his spleen, consider this the lineup I want for the benefit concert.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

My lips are sealed and sworn to secrecy sadly on this matter, but my inside sources tell me the Festers reunion will never, ever happen.

Too bad.
But then again, if Paris and Nicole can reunite, who knows?

3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Empire Strikes Back is my favorite from the original trilogy.

Didn't you know a band called Spleen?

6:21 AM  
Blogger edP said...

If I did, we better get them to reunite.

I think we wrote a song about organ transplant called "I Can't Ex-Spleen"....or maybe that was the song Organ Transplant. I forget.

7:00 AM  
Blogger edP said...

kim - too bad about the festers. I still listen to the Flatlander Recluse record - best name for any of the DeKalb records

7:00 AM  
Blogger olddogdk said...

I don't what Ed is talking about. I am NOT g bushy.

6:43 PM  
Blogger edP said...

Just like g bushy...denying everything.

7:25 PM  
Blogger edP said...

It used to be $900 a month. What the fuck happened?

5:35 AM  
Blogger P-Dizzle said...

Lootzy, you've got some spleenin' to do!

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home