My Fighting Weight
Even though I have lost almost 20lbs, Lent has been a big failure for me.
My utterly ridiculously pointless DeKalb road rage has diminished slightly.
Whooopie!
But there is something wrong with me. I am so touchy if someone says something the wrong way to me I just fume inside. Believe it or not, I am easily offended. That is decidedly unchristian. The devil lives for and lives in that sort of pride.
There is no reason why I should let other people get in my head the way they do.
See, even that – it shouldn’t be about worrying that people get in my head. It should be about seeing God in all people and cultivating relationships and engaging with strangers always bearing that in mind.
Until then my best remedy is the Our Father. If nothing else Jesus said came down to us, those words “forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us”…
It certainly doesn’t sound as philosophical as “…until philosophers become kings or kings be philosophers, such will be the condition of man…”
…it doesn’t have to be as philosophical or as cryptic as that. There is something instructive and healing in the aforementioned portion of the Lord’s Prayer.
At the beginning of Lent I made sure to read my bible every night and was in a very good place. Sadly the inspiration I felt from my intensified study did not last. Life is long and I can certainly get back to it…but until I do I will continue to struggle with being the prick I am and reacting to slights and bullshit the way I do.
Life is short, why should I let that shit eat my precious mind and time?
Did I just go from saying ‘Life is long’ to making another point by saying ‘Life is short’?!?!?!?!
Again more proof that I am not a serious person.
Two songs I am loving these days:
1.) The Faintest Ideas – You’re Beautiful…I offer no explanation for, or discussion of this. They are some wild band from Sweden or something. The song borders on being stupid but mercifully short. As far as I can tell it is about nothing, but dammit I love it so.
2.) Modest Mouse – Dashboard…When Good News for People Who Love Bad News came out I had a weird feeling that I was listening to the last great Modest Mouse album, and believe me I never think like that. I did not know what to expect when I found out that the Smiths guitar player joined the band. I still don’t know what to expect from the rest of the new album but I love listening to Dashboard and the funky ‘If Dave Navarro was a little cooler than he was’ guitar part.
Baseball news…I always thought Sammy Sosa was a phony balony but great/really weird interview with the Baseball Zeus. He went third person and, to my great joy even dropped three “Keep it continue”s.
More important baseball news, I think the Rowand trade rumors are just that. We will see if I am wrong.
Even more important baseball news – who will be the SOX 5th starter, and will that 5th starter make Coop keep a 5th of Jack in his desk drawer…
Who will it be:
34 Gavin Floyd ?
67 John Danks ?
Henry the Dog Janitor who turns out to be Hong Kong Phooey?
Could be…
Here is a pointless prediction that you can take to the bank.
They need to laugh at banks too.
For the 1st time in 6 years, a 12 seed will not beat a 5 in the NCAA tournament.
Regarding A Gonzalez, Bush, and the US Attorneys…I don’t have anything useful to say.
What do I find interesting?
A president can expunge US Atts after being elected but they can’t do something approaching that when they win a 2nd term…
I know there is more to it than that, but that is what I keep thinking. Even tho there were some who seemed to be intrigued by Harriet’s initial proposal, most people working in the WhiteHouse and for Justice thought this is fucking nuts and there is no way anyone can get away with this.
More pointless perspective, specture and conjection later.
My utterly ridiculously pointless DeKalb road rage has diminished slightly.
Whooopie!
But there is something wrong with me. I am so touchy if someone says something the wrong way to me I just fume inside. Believe it or not, I am easily offended. That is decidedly unchristian. The devil lives for and lives in that sort of pride.
There is no reason why I should let other people get in my head the way they do.
See, even that – it shouldn’t be about worrying that people get in my head. It should be about seeing God in all people and cultivating relationships and engaging with strangers always bearing that in mind.
Until then my best remedy is the Our Father. If nothing else Jesus said came down to us, those words “forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us”…
It certainly doesn’t sound as philosophical as “…until philosophers become kings or kings be philosophers, such will be the condition of man…”
…it doesn’t have to be as philosophical or as cryptic as that. There is something instructive and healing in the aforementioned portion of the Lord’s Prayer.
At the beginning of Lent I made sure to read my bible every night and was in a very good place. Sadly the inspiration I felt from my intensified study did not last. Life is long and I can certainly get back to it…but until I do I will continue to struggle with being the prick I am and reacting to slights and bullshit the way I do.
Life is short, why should I let that shit eat my precious mind and time?
Did I just go from saying ‘Life is long’ to making another point by saying ‘Life is short’?!?!?!?!
Again more proof that I am not a serious person.
Two songs I am loving these days:
1.) The Faintest Ideas – You’re Beautiful…I offer no explanation for, or discussion of this. They are some wild band from Sweden or something. The song borders on being stupid but mercifully short. As far as I can tell it is about nothing, but dammit I love it so.
2.) Modest Mouse – Dashboard…When Good News for People Who Love Bad News came out I had a weird feeling that I was listening to the last great Modest Mouse album, and believe me I never think like that. I did not know what to expect when I found out that the Smiths guitar player joined the band. I still don’t know what to expect from the rest of the new album but I love listening to Dashboard and the funky ‘If Dave Navarro was a little cooler than he was’ guitar part.
Baseball news…I always thought Sammy Sosa was a phony balony but great/really weird interview with the Baseball Zeus. He went third person and, to my great joy even dropped three “Keep it continue”s.
More important baseball news, I think the Rowand trade rumors are just that. We will see if I am wrong.
Even more important baseball news – who will be the SOX 5th starter, and will that 5th starter make Coop keep a 5th of Jack in his desk drawer…
Who will it be:
34 Gavin Floyd ?
67 John Danks ?
Henry the Dog Janitor who turns out to be Hong Kong Phooey?
Could be…
Here is a pointless prediction that you can take to the bank.
They need to laugh at banks too.
For the 1st time in 6 years, a 12 seed will not beat a 5 in the NCAA tournament.
Regarding A Gonzalez, Bush, and the US Attorneys…I don’t have anything useful to say.
What do I find interesting?
A president can expunge US Atts after being elected but they can’t do something approaching that when they win a 2nd term…
I know there is more to it than that, but that is what I keep thinking. Even tho there were some who seemed to be intrigued by Harriet’s initial proposal, most people working in the WhiteHouse and for Justice thought this is fucking nuts and there is no way anyone can get away with this.
More pointless perspective, specture and conjection later.


4 Comments:
Funniest thing I've read in a long time...DeKalb road rage. I grew up out there man. Road Rage? Road Rage? You get behind a combine? Did an old lady cross the street using a walker going to the bank to deposit her $.38 cents in change?
BTW - Whalen from the Southtown says today it should be Danks, but I'm rooting for Charlie Haeger.
I'd like Rowand back.
Wow that is so all over the Map even Meat Heads head might explode.
Gaining/losing weight sucks. The only way I can lose weight is to work out a shit load. I lose about 20 lbs for a couple of months but then I put it all back on in muscle. Now you would think this is a great thing but… I will fall of the work out train eventually and now my set weight is 5 to 10 lbs higher than when I started the whole mess. I have been steadily increasing my set weight from 190 to 205. I am do for a work out kick so… my next set weight about this time next year should be 210. I usually look good for the summer though.
I think I have road turrets. I don’t drive aggressively; cut people off, lay on my horn or any of the normal road rage things. I swear the most foul swears at people constantly while I drive. I am a sales person so I spend a lot of time alone in my car. So my turret bothers no one 90% of the time. When I have a passenger though people think I am nuts. It is a constant commentary of everyone around me.
That’s all I got for now…
Oh Briggs is a douche.
That’s all I got for now…
I always thought that the "forgive those who trespass against us" part of the lord's prayer was the best lesson in Catholicism. It's the one teaching I will always be grateful for even though I am no longer religious.
As far as the Miers, Gonzales thing goes, I think that this has to end with Gonzales hitting the bricks. If he knew what was going on, he was working in the interest of thr Rs and not the country. If he really didn't know what was going on, he was totally incompetent. Really good article on the subject in the Post today. Considering that 2 others that were deeply involved (Miers and Sampson) already quit also implies that maybe things are kind of a mess in the over at Justice.
Post a Comment
<< Home