My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Watch and Learn

I can’t watch Sen L. Graham anymore. I think he has the ability to raise the tone of politics in America in that he doesn’t engage in name calling like certain Veeps who may or may not remain nameless, he doesn’t screech like Senators and Reps on both sides of the aisle.

BUT WHAT HE SAYS ABOUT WINNING AND THE COST OF LOSING IN IRAQ IS TOTALLY FUCKING BULLSHIT AND NO ONE SHOULD LISTEN TO IT!

The rhetoric about the glimmer of hope, winning and the cost of losing is a cart full of carcasses.

I wish someone had the balls to say this:

Just because we are pulling our troops out of this hopeless and wasteful peacekeeping/nation building endeavor doesn’t mean we will let the terrorists have a safe haven there. If there are so many supporters of continuing the war in Iraq who know what regions of the country will offer support for new terrorist training bases – we’ve got a carrier group in the region, let the training centers build up only to bomb the shit out of them later. FROM THE FUCKING AIR!

Our satellites cannot find insurgent secret headquarters because they are in some douche bag’s apartment. But guess what, if the country degenerates into a civil war – which it is going to anyway, the real enemies who have migrated there – because of our fuck ups – will feel they don’t need to stay underground. If those people who think Iraq will look like pre-911 Afghanistan if we leave, guess what – the enemies of the West may turn out to be easier to find. Satellites could find those camps. Even fucking Klinton could find the training bases there and he was nearly blind from…

Speaking of Afghanistan, we may need to re-win that war at some point. Wouldn’t it be great to have the forces to send there?

Loving the new Chicago Baseball Tonight and listening to Bruce Levine on the weekends. I think I am finally free of my daily addiction to sports talk radio and I have Dan Patrick to thank for it. Don’t get me wrong, I was the first person to express my joy when he and KO reunited for the 1-2pm Central hour. But the 1st hour of the show, which is on during my lunch is morality/celebrity entertainment fuckery. Nobody cares about the moral judgments of Dan fucking Patrick on steroids, Tom Brady having a baby out of wedlock, T fucking O, and badgering Gene Upshaw about getting football players to have guaranteed contracts.

Motherfucker.

No guaranteed contracts is what makes the NFL competitive. If you are a fan of competition and not personality-driven entertainment you could give a crap about Joey Porter being let go by the Steelers. I giggled my ass off when they let his crappy-ass and stupid mouth go. Porter got his money day one. I don’t feel sorry for him (esp. after what he did to the Bears two years ago in the snow massacre). I don’t know how any Bears fans could’ve rooted for the Steelers in the Superbowl two years ago…after the way they kicked the Bears ass up and down the damned field. I wanted Betis’ last play in the NFL to be that fumble…thanks again Mrs. Nick Harper. Betis humiliated the Bears in the 4th Quarter of that snowy game.

Oh, why I love Bruce Levine on the radio – aside from his bruhahas…Levine never begins with the negative. There is no lowest common denominator to his style of baseball and sports reporting. He actually starts with the game. He talks a little about personalities, but he seems to know what personality means in sports. There is much more to it. Fuck you, your show and your morality sports reporting Dan Patrick. You are Leeeza Gibbons. I don’t care to mock the rich and sporty. I don’t care if the NFL is out of control and the NBA doesn’t deserve the thug league reputation it has gotten. I don’t care what McGuire said in front of Congress. Baseball is starting – get Peter Gammons or Tim Kerchin(sp?) to talk about actual baseball – rather than some story about the bidding war for DiceK…

One last thing – I am very impressed with our friend Santi’s memory. I pride myself on having the best memory of anyone I know.

I am also the most humble.

Seriously, when he reminded me that the Bulls got Pippen by trade and didn’t draft him directly – I can’t believe I forgot that shit.

That’s it, I am going to work and work and work until I am the most humble person who has ever lived.

I suck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need to get ground forces out of there period. The great thing about the psycho douche bags over there is, they just want to kill people period. Despite what we think with our big egos, Americans aren’t even at the top of there shit list. They will kill each other with far more gusto than we ever could. Plus they have no silly notions of civility and fair play.

Put a base in a nice safe place where we can just blow shit up when we get bored. A place easily defended and allows us quick strike capability. We have had one in Korea since the 40’s. Use it as a testing ground for all the cool new war toys the boys are coming up with. You couldn’t ask for a better testing range or better targets than live targets.

You used fuckery in a sentence. I can’t stand Dan fucking Patrick either. Complete douche. I am sure as much as they can get together Jay ass licker Marriotti suck each other off. I make one promise, if I ever get close enough to either of them I will punch them no questions asked.

Agreed fuck the Steelers and the broke dick they road in on. I do like the old school Steelers. Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swan, Mean Joe Green…. Way to many Pitt transplants down here for me to show any weakness.

Agreed with the lets get down to talking baseball again. For fucks sake we get that there is a roid problem, everyone gets there is a roid problem. The biggest worry was to make sure young people new it could kill you. Kind of like smoking now, there is now way you can claim ignorance. The horse is dead let’s stop beating it. One of the reasons I miss Stoney on just the Cubs. The man knew/knows his baseball and I loved his insight.

Santi had to have googled it. There is no way that brain cell survived.

Oh and sorry for the crappy fly by comments this weekend. I have been surrounded by bossy women all trying to out boss me around. So I ended up drinking a lot.

9:42 AM  
Blogger santipissed said...

meat head. meat head. meat head

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home