Too Many Juleps
Great 4th... Thanks and much love to my Dad for coming over and fixing the Honda mower. Now my grass is grass, and my ass is the lawnmower. Ok, technically my lawnmower is the lawnmower. Love ya Pops. Also, thanks and much love to the O'Garvities for hosting some wondrous festivities. Literally, we sipped mint juleps and toasted this stupid nation of ours. Proof once again that hanging out with the DC Liar is like being at the Kentucky Derby all the time.
100 proof.
So julepified that I left the bar car somewhere in Bill's neighborhood for two days. But the juleps also helped me get an excellent night's sleep and I was on the golf course by 7am Sat. There is a dark side to golfing in the beautiful dewsparklin' (spelling? Jeanz? James Joyce? anyone?)...morning. The ball left dew trails on the greens when I putted and several of the greens looked like my geometry homework from sophomore year.
Sorry Mrs. Mitchell.
Saturday was spent in the OF and a wonderful time was had. I forgot that I had to go to the South Side, so at the party on the 4th I kept shootin' off my mouth and I told everyone we should go see the Hulk on Sat.
Damned juleps.
Kim's aunt visited from Cali (no one calls it that anymore do they...) and I love talking to her. She and her family opened their home several times to Kim & I. Little too much sitting around and partying the past coupla days so by late Sat nite I was itching to split.
Action day with the boy on Sunday. I went to early Mass and did some practical crap when I got back. Once Alex and his mom came home, the boy and I went to the golf course where he drove the cart more than half the time. We went swimming, cruised around listening to David Bowie, cursed the Lost Mines for being closed when we wanted to play House of the Dead, hooked up with Josh at the Incredible Hulk, saw the Hulk smash everything, and went to Twins to first eat grilledcheesechickenanddoubleburger then kill video deer.
Great fucking day, and really great fucking holiday weekend.
Flashing back to Saturday, I think DC Liar's late afternoon Saturday post summed up the whole thing:
"Too many juleps."
Too many juleps indeed Liar, too many juleps indeed.
ajusted will be shut down for the remainder of this week for scheduled edP maintenance. Family vaycay on Canada's South Side...
Wisconsin
Until I return feel free to amuse yourselves by watching Little Richard talk about Jimi Hendrix. This interview is funny as shit.
100 proof.
So julepified that I left the bar car somewhere in Bill's neighborhood for two days. But the juleps also helped me get an excellent night's sleep and I was on the golf course by 7am Sat. There is a dark side to golfing in the beautiful dewsparklin' (spelling? Jeanz? James Joyce? anyone?)...morning. The ball left dew trails on the greens when I putted and several of the greens looked like my geometry homework from sophomore year.
Sorry Mrs. Mitchell.
Saturday was spent in the OF and a wonderful time was had. I forgot that I had to go to the South Side, so at the party on the 4th I kept shootin' off my mouth and I told everyone we should go see the Hulk on Sat.
Damned juleps.
Kim's aunt visited from Cali (no one calls it that anymore do they...) and I love talking to her. She and her family opened their home several times to Kim & I. Little too much sitting around and partying the past coupla days so by late Sat nite I was itching to split.
Action day with the boy on Sunday. I went to early Mass and did some practical crap when I got back. Once Alex and his mom came home, the boy and I went to the golf course where he drove the cart more than half the time. We went swimming, cruised around listening to David Bowie, cursed the Lost Mines for being closed when we wanted to play House of the Dead, hooked up with Josh at the Incredible Hulk, saw the Hulk smash everything, and went to Twins to first eat grilledcheesechickenanddoubleburger then kill video deer.
Great fucking day, and really great fucking holiday weekend.
Flashing back to Saturday, I think DC Liar's late afternoon Saturday post summed up the whole thing:
"Too many juleps."
Too many juleps indeed Liar, too many juleps indeed.
ajusted will be shut down for the remainder of this week for scheduled edP maintenance. Family vaycay on Canada's South Side...
Wisconsin
Until I return feel free to amuse yourselves by watching Little Richard talk about Jimi Hendrix. This interview is funny as shit.


1 Comments:
so if you happen to find yourself in my basement tomorrow do feel free to step upstairs - it seems we are having a party.
Post a Comment
<< Home