My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

You Can't Take Your Fouls Home

Second week of player evaluation in the 3rd Grade Basketball League. The director made a speech and said he has a philosophy when it comes to youth basketball at this level: "It is simply about having fun."

I whispered to Coach Dennis, "I have a philosophy too. The boy has five fouls to give and only so much time to give them. You can't take the fouls home. The only thing you leave on the court are bodies..."

Yeah, I'm going to get banned from the Park District by season's end. Commie bastards!

What am I saying? I love the Park District. Maybe I'm the Commie bastard.

Got to get my ass in gear and bind copies of MOI for those who express interest. I know some nice people. One gal in particular has a reputation of being a voracious reader...devouring books left and right. This is definitely someone I want seeing the book. If they're honest with me I can get some insight from good, decent folks who love books but don't read and write for a living. That kind of input is priceless to someone like me.

I hope this makes sense, but I want to know if the book works the way I think it does. The only way I'll know that is to have all sorts of people read it. I don't know why I need to know this. I just do and am excited to give it away. Kim'll be able to show me how to use the binder thingy soon.

NOT THAT YOU SICK BASTARDS!

Well, maybe a little of that.

Still need to send one to Jaimie and give the rest of MOI to Dennis.

Come on ed. Don't be a dick. Get this stuff to these nice people...

So they can tear it to shreds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home