My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Weekend Still Rolling

Not like I’m Mr. Party guy but I love when I don’t have 5minutes to sit at my computer over the weekend and it’s Monday and it still feels like the weekend is going.

Friday we picked up pumpkins from my friend Jane. Then Alex, Kim and I watched Empire Strikes Back. The boy loved Yoda.

Loved Yoda he did.

Saturday was outdoor yard work, including the removal of a dead possum for the window well. He wasn’t playin’.

Saw our friend from DC on Sat and had a lot of laughs. Got my new WILT and I’m geeked up to listen to it.

Sunday started with a trip to Goebberts and God Bless Steener and Uncle Joe for turning us on to this place. Alex had so much fun. There’s almost no greater pleasure than to see the boy on a pony ride. He’s so happy up there. John and Em’s daughter is cute as hell and I think she dug her pony ride as well.

Met up with DC Liar at Twins for lunch and Alex, DC, OD & I played Big Buck Hunter. Alex wore his camo jacket and everything. Fun as hell and that’s no lie.

We both were bushed after working all day yesterday and going from very early on Sunday morning. Alex was playing while I lay on the couch watching football. Alex crawled up on the couch and said “Dad can you make me a nest?”

That means lay on my side and bend my knees out like a nest. I did and he crashed.

Good boy, great weekend.

5 Comments:

Blogger Moderator said...

Twins is still around? God I miss that place.

12:01 PM  
Blogger edP said...

Oh yeah. We need to have a drink out there sometimes Official GM

3:33 PM  
Blogger kroushlconflict said...

Dang! We were at Goebberts Sunday!
We should've coordinated!
Cityfolk like the pumpkins too!

6:28 PM  
Blogger edP said...

WTF? How does this happen? We need to do something w/ you guys the G's the OB's & all relevant children. You and your family rock anyway girl.

Bears!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Mia is a little scared of The Yoda.
Leary of The Yoda, she is.
But she HATES ET!
I showed the movie to her when she was about three in the stupidest Mommy Move I've yet to pull.

"You traumatized me," she says.

She especially hated it when ET pulled that dumb "HONK"-ing move out in the cornfield -- the first time he met Elliot.

(Tentatively started non-thematic, freindly bloggie. I expect changes will be made.)

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home