My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Three Burgers and Two Fingers

…easy as pie.

According to Tom Waddle this is the official name of the Nicole Richie diet.

ESPN 1000 did the right thing and dropped the Dan Patrick Morality-Sports-Talk-Radio-Lite show from the 9AM slot (I won't even mention the two boobs that are now replaced) and teamed the oft-concussed Bears wide receiver with the bug-eyed Marc Silverman. Silvy and Bruce Levine (not a cohost but someone who I always throw into any meaningless sports radio/baseball discussion, I love the Baseball Zeus) - but Silvy and Levine are my favorite guys in Chicago sports radio – young and old. The way they fight from time to time they may have had a fling in the past. The way I praise Silvy on this blog we may have been lovers in the past.

Yuck, if it had to be a man it wouldn’t be Silvy…not that there is anything wrong with that or Silvy.

Much much much love to the Mooberries (probably not the right way to pluralize their family name) and the PDawg family. Alex had to cancel his kid party due to a highly infectious rash. But these beautiful people came over and brought Alex presents to cheer him up.

…and promptly got the hell out of there once they saw the rash. Poor kid.

We are a lucky family.

- - - - - - - - I’ve burned a few 0’s and 1’s on this blog talking about how the Dem’s need to find a way to win this political battle and get a bill passed with a deadline for troop withdrawal from Iraq, or at least make the president the political loser in the veto process. ChrisB reminded me that once the troops go home there will still be an army on the ground in the form of private security forces that aren’t subject to the efforts of the Congress, the will of the president, the rules of war…and these folks ain’t going anywhere any time soon.

Now Chris is a decent man and I assume he pointed this out to me to say that there will still be trouble and maybe injustice in Iraq. I sound like I am putting words in his mouth and I don’t want to do that. I think Chris just wanted to remind me that even if the Congress has an unqualified win and gets the troops home, the trouble is far from over.

I agree with much of this, yet for the first time in awhile the adventure in IRock came into focus or one part of it started to make sense to me.

- more later -

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris B. said...

Right, and it's no coincidence that Haliburton has planted stakes over there as well.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home