My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Monday, November 08, 2010

Fox Trot

Played my semi-regular (or is it more like an "every so often") accordion gig at Oak Crest retirement facility.

I think it went well. The audience sang most of the songs so I didn't have to. I use two or sometimes three fake books my parents got for me from the shadiest of sources back in the day. I take much delight in that for some reason.

Sometimes these fake books have little notes like "Pennies from Heaven - from the musical Pennies from Heaven"...but a few of the notes are less obvious. "If I Had You" is followed by these remarks: "The Prince of Wales' Favorite Fox Trot"

I've been playing the song for years and never really thought about this. It made me nervous. Never having danced the fox trot myself, I don't know if I am qualified in any way to play the favorite fox trot of the Prince of Wales. For all I know, members of the audience could be huge fox trot fans or fans of the Prince of Wales, or someone in the house may even be the non-specific Prince of Wales in question. Here's hoping one of the seven tempos I played during the song approached "fox trot" status.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home