My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Lurk Who's Talking

Feel free to not respond to this blog.

It has come to my attention that there is a global internet effort to get lurkers to come out of the shadows and post comments. One of my friends (in an effort to encourage the more playful lurkers) went so far as to say she would take off one article of clothing for each comment posted. While I am certainly in favor of nudity in a variety of circumstances – I say: Why do the lurkers need to be “outed”?

The wonderful thing about the internets (whenever possible) is it can mirror (sometimes dimly, but mirror nonetheless) the outside-the-law spirit of the American West in the mid to late 1800’s (I am such a dope). But when there is a concerted e-effort to invite others to engage in an activity (and by concerted I mean four blogs that I visit regularly were calling for “delurking” of some sort) – that is less what the internets should be about and more reflective of mainstream modern, liberal democracy values.

Join us – it is ok to speak out – let’s democratize the conversation – your voice is welcome and needed – inclusion to the point of gray-shirted conformity – blah, blah, blah…

If there are any lurkers on this blog (and out of respect to your lurkdom this is the only time I will ever address you) – thanks for stopping by and you can feel free to never respond to the garbage I write here. The Global Internetional Effort at Delurking will not touch this little corner of the www. Instead of addressing the activities of the lurkers, maybe we bloggers should lurk at ourselves. Don’t ask: Why do you lurkers read but never comment? We should say: Why do we blog and never shut up? And to bloggers who blog about blogging (*i.e. ME) – what the fuck are you (ME) thinking????

Ok, I’m glad that’s settled.

Don’t expect anymore jokes from me about the guy America’s dick shot. I think he went back in the hospital because some shrapnel is still lodged near is heart. I don’t want to make a joke about a 78 year old guy who dies because he went quail hunting (???) with the veep. If he’s only maimed – that’s a different story.

LURK ON LURKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I wanted to get them Lurkers out just to KNOW. Ya know, just to KNOW? Lurkers don't care about de-lurking posts--they just laugh. That's the beauty of The Lurker.

9:03 AM  
Blogger edP said...

We love lurkers - I loved the delurking post by the way. Rock on missy

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm lurking for mister olddog. hey mister olddog, u-hu?!? Nice f**king cone you dingleberry. slurp slurp? cousin lurk

9:46 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Whoah - a shot across the bow at the Old Lurker. I'm not sure if this is My Cousin Mike, the Old Dog pretending to attack himself, g bushy (which brings up a whole bunch of other e-identity crisis issues) the Old Dog's wife - or an actual lurker who knows way too much about all of us. This is creepy and fun all at the same time.

9:54 AM  
Blogger DC Liar said...

I LOVE the Lurkers!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000702B/qid=1140035120/sr=2-3/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_3/102-2315957-0762522?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

12:24 PM  
Blogger olddogdk said...

Like the West in the 1800's?

They say old Ed P once blogged a man just for lukin'!

2:49 PM  
Blogger olddogdk said...

Cousin Lurky, I have a blog that you can lurk and comment on:

http://thenewolddogblog.blogspot.com/

I love you, you goitered, festering heap of monster sputum.

2:51 PM  
Blogger edP said...

The Old DOg is on fire...

I think he's lobbying to join the floating Basement

3:45 PM  
Blogger Michael K said...

For a minute I was real excited cuz I thought you were bloggin' about Lurch from the Adams Family but yer not. Could you post about him later? I like the way he talked all like he was dead and stuff.

Is lurking like cyber-stalking only instead of hiding in the bushes behind your ex-girlfriend's apartment and huffing paint thinner, you search blogger for references to your ex-gal and huff paint thinner?

7:21 PM  
Blogger edP said...

All right - a shoutout for Lurch! That's a socially relevant shoutout!

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mnnnff. Glllrrrrgghhhh. Hnnnhh. HHNNhh. Rllrrgggrrgh. Mmmmffffffhhhh.

Oh!! hi...you, uh, caught me lurking.

12:26 PM  
Blogger edP said...

Thanks for dropping by - lurk anytime and know that there is at least one dumb ass blogger that doesn't care who you are.

Lurkers welcome at ajusted

...except if it's Tucker Carlson - that bow tie creeps me the fuck out.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I luked for a few days and then insomnia hit and I posted andposted because there was just so much to do and wjho needs sleep i can just read blogs all night.

EEw. At least THIS manic night I will publish my own blog. It will suck. But it will be a diary or outlet of sorts.

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and we can all be sure that i'll type like shit.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home