Will They Say Boo?
My attitude throughout the Bears game and my boneheaded enthusiasm afterwards speaks volumes about my character…
…or at least I say it does.
Great time at ChrisB’s last night. He sure knows how to throw a football get together. I guess he arranged it so the Bears would take the Cardinals too lightly for the first three quarters only to play a frenzied 4th Quarter (at least the D and Special Teams played a frenetic devastating Denny Green career ending last 10 minutes or so).
Who am I kidding? Denny Green’s career isn’t over. If Al Davis is alive in the next three years he’ll give another washed up never been a shot to run the Raiders into the nether reaches below the ground where their husk currently resides.
Ga? Ba.
To me it was worth all the suckiness of the 1st 3 quarters of play for the Bears to win that game. The usual suspects at work came up to me and said ‘See, the Bears are too big for their britches’ ‘You keep thinking they’re so great, you’ll see’
My dad’s line: “They are going to get their comeuppance.”
These people are Bears fans. Why would they even think that way? Don’t we all like the Bears? I thought they sucked before the season started. Uh, that’s not true. I didn’t really care that much during the pre-season. I was wrapped up in baseball and the stupid conflict in Lebanon. I thought the defense talked a little too much but once they started playing well on the field – why not cheer, have fun, enjoy the Bears rather than
YOU WAIT AND FUCKING SEE THEY WILL FAIL!
Jeez, it isn’t life. It doesn’t always have to have nasty pitfalls, comeuppance, fits of depression and possible redemption – if you’re lucky. It’s sports. Enjoy the good times while they last for the love of Mike. Ditka?
BEARSSSS!
I think I understand why some people want to think bad things are going to happen to the Bears. They really love the Bears and do not want to be let down. Fine. I can respect that. I guess nothing the Bears can do (failure wise) can disappoint me or hurt me more than my own personal failures.
This is not me saying oh boo-fucking-hoo I’m a failure. I don’t think that way. I just am aware of some of the things I have tried to pull of in my life (doing things I care about) and how I have fallen short there. That is disappointment – that is heartbreak. The Sox success and the Bears success are pleasant escapes for me and I try to enjoy them until things go bad – then I say ‘What’re ya gonna do?’
Even though the Sox are the team I have rooted for the longest and have always been my favorite team in all sports (apparently I’m a glutton for punishment and shirtless, mullet jokes) – the Bears used to get me so worked up – especially when I was in college. My head would start to spin when they played a bad game against the Packers and won. What a stupid ass I was.
Anyway we ate like pigs and drank Old Style fan cans. DC Liar lifted me off the ground after Hester ran back the punt. *Note to self, don’t fuck with DC Liar. He can lift an object over 2 bills pretty damned easily…also he has the arsenal. All I have is the guitarsenal.
One thing is for sure: Matt Leinert went home crying to his fat fucking slut of a wife.
During my lunch break I wanted to listen to the national sports chatter about the Bears but they had the damned Lou Pinella (not in my spell check, yet) press conference. I was pissed and was going to write a rant about how the cubs are going to try and be the Yankees w/out Brian Cashman and if you are a cub fan who hates the Yankees you better shut the fuck up around me…but then I though ‘Meh, it’s sports. Getting worked up about attention the cubs get only shows what a douche bag I can be.’
Will they say Lou?
Will they say boo?
Will they say Booo-urns.
I was saying Booo-urns.
…or at least I say it does.
Great time at ChrisB’s last night. He sure knows how to throw a football get together. I guess he arranged it so the Bears would take the Cardinals too lightly for the first three quarters only to play a frenzied 4th Quarter (at least the D and Special Teams played a frenetic devastating Denny Green career ending last 10 minutes or so).
Who am I kidding? Denny Green’s career isn’t over. If Al Davis is alive in the next three years he’ll give another washed up never been a shot to run the Raiders into the nether reaches below the ground where their husk currently resides.
Ga? Ba.
To me it was worth all the suckiness of the 1st 3 quarters of play for the Bears to win that game. The usual suspects at work came up to me and said ‘See, the Bears are too big for their britches’ ‘You keep thinking they’re so great, you’ll see’
My dad’s line: “They are going to get their comeuppance.”
These people are Bears fans. Why would they even think that way? Don’t we all like the Bears? I thought they sucked before the season started. Uh, that’s not true. I didn’t really care that much during the pre-season. I was wrapped up in baseball and the stupid conflict in Lebanon. I thought the defense talked a little too much but once they started playing well on the field – why not cheer, have fun, enjoy the Bears rather than
YOU WAIT AND FUCKING SEE THEY WILL FAIL!
Jeez, it isn’t life. It doesn’t always have to have nasty pitfalls, comeuppance, fits of depression and possible redemption – if you’re lucky. It’s sports. Enjoy the good times while they last for the love of Mike. Ditka?
BEARSSSS!
I think I understand why some people want to think bad things are going to happen to the Bears. They really love the Bears and do not want to be let down. Fine. I can respect that. I guess nothing the Bears can do (failure wise) can disappoint me or hurt me more than my own personal failures.
This is not me saying oh boo-fucking-hoo I’m a failure. I don’t think that way. I just am aware of some of the things I have tried to pull of in my life (doing things I care about) and how I have fallen short there. That is disappointment – that is heartbreak. The Sox success and the Bears success are pleasant escapes for me and I try to enjoy them until things go bad – then I say ‘What’re ya gonna do?’
Even though the Sox are the team I have rooted for the longest and have always been my favorite team in all sports (apparently I’m a glutton for punishment and shirtless, mullet jokes) – the Bears used to get me so worked up – especially when I was in college. My head would start to spin when they played a bad game against the Packers and won. What a stupid ass I was.
Anyway we ate like pigs and drank Old Style fan cans. DC Liar lifted me off the ground after Hester ran back the punt. *Note to self, don’t fuck with DC Liar. He can lift an object over 2 bills pretty damned easily…also he has the arsenal. All I have is the guitarsenal.
One thing is for sure: Matt Leinert went home crying to his fat fucking slut of a wife.
During my lunch break I wanted to listen to the national sports chatter about the Bears but they had the damned Lou Pinella (not in my spell check, yet) press conference. I was pissed and was going to write a rant about how the cubs are going to try and be the Yankees w/out Brian Cashman and if you are a cub fan who hates the Yankees you better shut the fuck up around me…but then I though ‘Meh, it’s sports. Getting worked up about attention the cubs get only shows what a douche bag I can be.’
Will they say Lou?
Will they say boo?
Will they say Booo-urns.
I was saying Booo-urns.


7 Comments:
Denny's career coaching career is over.
His next step? I think that he'll star in a remake of "Twins" with Ron Jeremy.
Shhhhhhh. The jinxers are listening.
Hey, I have feelings!
In fact, I'm feelings a couple of guys up in my shit while I type this.
My wife urged me to come up to bed after the fourth. I agreed, since it looked as if the games was over.
Evidently, they actually play four quarters in American football.
If we don't play all four quarters the terrorists will have already won
I didn't know Matt Leinert's fat fucking slut of a wife was in the Electric Six
The wife enjoyed the ESPN pre-game glamour shots of Matt Leinart. She thought maybe he was an underwear model.
Our TV remote needs new batteries.
Post a Comment
<< Home